Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trans slipage :(

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
I hear ya all but like said money is real Tight. 1650 I just managed to scrap up also. Like said its all comen bak out when the engine gets mild work done in a month or 2. the fact is we only got 1 car so makes it hard with my little one an that.

When the box comes out again also it will be getting tricked up aswell. I no it might cost me that little more again but I can't help it at this point. Engine is prob gunna get a freshn up an what ever else I'd ned for a raptor to go on. :) thats my forseeable future anyways lol.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Bad luck with needing it rebuilt mate. Always better to rebuild IMO. At least the box can get set up better than a new stocker (isn't hard) and if the builder knows the box it will perform well and be strong without alot of money wasted on showy parts that are un needed.

Roller shafts conversion is a good cheap mod. It also allows you to utilise the existing reaction carrier by sleeving the spline. Should save you $500 right there and the stocker is much lighter than the beast so it will drain less power.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Yeh the shop seems to be known up here so im happy for them to build it. unless it should be better once done :)

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Car should be bacl today fingers crossed. Drobbed it off yesterday an they said today an it should be ready. IF I could have waited 1 more pay I would have gone the Full rebuild with stalloe and that but yeh couldnt wait so not too worrie. Just getting over driven my brothers maloo already. :(

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
All fixed and good, BUT they forgot the braket bolt that goes to the radiator an the hoes rubbed on the fan belt and is friggin leaking everywhere so now have to wait till tuesday for them to fix it but they dont know that yet :( not happy at all

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Love it how the shop tryed telln me it was rubbing for ages. If that was the case there would have been oil everywhere ages ago FFS u can clearly see where the bracket they left out an yet he goes nah we dont touch that part. But yet he goes leave it with me cant trust any1 these days.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Yeh its a shame, you could tell he new it was there fault but didnt want to admit it. but like I said he ended up going leave it with me. When I get a call I better not hear a price at the end either. If he goes oh k no worries ill fix that in the 1st place I would'nt have cared. Altho it totally ***ed my weekend up