Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission flush! a few pointers please ;)

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
The return line dosent suck the fluid, it gets pushed with the supply line.

thebot123

Compulsive JC User
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1993, VT Commodore 1997
Ahh well there goes the idea of having the clean fluid being sucked from a drum lol

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
So you reckon pull the hoses off the radiator blow compressed air up both the lines? Or just the output?

And then drop the pan empty and refill it change the filter and gasket and then that should do it?
Does the return line suck the trans fluid or does the pressure from the radiator push it through?

You just gotta remove the trans cooler lines from the transmission and blow through the return line so all the old fluid in the lines and in the cooler will come back out of the outlet/supply line.

thebot123

Compulsive JC User
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alright awesome im gonna get onto it soon, im gonna properly adjust the throttle properly too

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
If I were you it just do two services back to back, so drain it, fill it, drive it then drain and fill again.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
So pushing the button in and making the outer cable holder go back makes looser or tighter?

Can make a big difference for the entire operation of the T700 if the kick down cable isn't properly adjusted. I've found that fine tuning the adjustment at various settings (adjusting, driving around, re-adjusting etc) until it was perfect has eliminated the TLC being an issue in the past & given nice smooth gear change ratios across the whole range as a result. Kick down does not "control" TLC but an incorrectly adjusted kick down cable can directly affect up-shifts & general operation of the transmission. If it feels like it's slipping or staying in the same gear for too long & TLC is possibly creating the low end noise, then adjust cable as described by wortus & or refer to your Gregory's manual 258 or 261. Try this before doing this :- my post is #9 http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/198221-vs-transmission-slipping-under-accelaration.html#post2220415 eitherways both will help mate.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I adjusted it and it's AWSOME now. Nice and smooth and shifts great. Just 1 click was all it needed.. Thank heaps for that

thebot123

Compulsive JC User
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha cheeky bugga I cant move mine and my button is heaps hard to push in too. Just push the hutton and pull back?

thebot123

Compulsive JC User
Reaction score
Members Ride
Can make a big difference for the entire operation of the T700 if the kick down cable isn't properly adjusted. I've found that fine tuning the adjustment at various settings (adjusting, driving around, re-adjusting etc) until it was perfect has eliminated the TLC being an issue in the past & given nice smooth gear change ratios across the whole range as a result. Kick down does not "control" TLC but an incorrectly adjusted kick down cable can directly affect up-shifts & general operation of the transmission. If it feels like it's slipping or staying in the same gear for too long & TLC is possibly creating the low end noise, then adjust cable as described by wortus & or refer to your Gregory's manual 258 or 261. Try this before doing this :- my post is #9 http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs-holden-commodore-1993-1997/198221-vs-transmission-slipping-under-accelaration.html#post2220415 eitherways both will help mate.

Thanks mate ill look into it. My trans bangs into 1st to 2nd and slips a little bit for the rest

thebot123

Compulsive JC User
Reaction score
Members Ride
Is it worth giving the throttle cable an adjustment? If the engine lacks a little power wou lk d it mean the cables to tight or loose?