Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

transmission problems

knight_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz ute
hi everyone
today i changed from reverse to drive in my vs v6 and it normally takes a few seconds to engage into drive ( as it has done 240 thos ks ) but today it clunked into drive very hard and as i took off it never changed from whatever gear its stuck in it goes up to 80 -90 ks in this gear and revs hard i tried manually changing but to no resolution
was wondering if anyone knows about this problem and what i could of done to my transmission
thanks

Mz ENV11T

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ 2006
I'm not 100% but something similar happened to my mate before, sounds Like the gear selector is shot or you have striped the gear selector bolt .

Not 100% though

knight_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz ute
yeah ive heard this problem too but 1 month ago i had the auto reco'd and shift kitted obviously they would have picked up on that yeah? hopefully

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
If it was recoed then take it back and ask them to fix it.. How long is the warrenty for?

A.C.COOKIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 93
try and run a diagnostic test and see what error codes come back. There is a process in this site I think its in the how to area. This should give you a better idea on what you may be dealing with

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
Mine has this problem, not the clunk but the lag between reverse and drive and vice versa. I read somewhere that the shift solenoid maybe be screwed. I can't remember which one, i think it may have been the 1-2 solenoid

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It's normal to have a few seconds delay between N and D - it even warns about this delay in the owners handbook.