Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission V6 Alloytec Auto 4 Speed

Running 1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore berlina wagon
I have a belina station wagon, 63,476 on the clock. First thing in the morning when i take of for work Ive noticed the 1st to 2nd gear change is a little harsh, kinda locking in, it does not throw you back in the seat but I have noticed it only happens on occasions, when the Auto is cold .It only happens once and then it is ok after that.

I went to Holden and asked at the service desk just to try my luck. They have herd of the problem before and said it may be a split or worn rubber flange in the rear tailshaft somewhere causing the power transfer to the diff to be affected ? ( Book it in and we will have a look ).

I have read in the forums about other 4 speed VZ- VY autos with similar issues . I also have a VX 4 speed Auto and it never had a rough 1st to 2nd gear change. Is it common or a time bomb ready to go off? I have not made a decision whether to take it to holden for a futher investigation. Doesn't sound right what they said. Can anyone advise me as to which way I should go?

Thanks
Andrew

vex

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2
Mine got worse. Has been back to holden so so so many times and never been fixed, they claim not to know what the issue is. Next step is to get a tune as apparently it may fix it but ive been through a rebuild and all. there just a crap box.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Hows the fluid level and condition? Check the easy stuff first...

Running 1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks vex. But You would think that a rebuild would have fixed the problem , I feel for you mate as rebuilds are not cheap.

Running 1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fluid color good , Level is between the x marks when hot.

whiteknight66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Crewman
Had the Issue with the VZ Wagon... My Mech Ordered and Changed out the 1st-2nd Shift Accumulator apparently there is a plastic disc that wears within and is meant to soften to shift. Worked A Charm ( I'm not a Mech, just what my Mech Suggested)

You Tube Link shows the operation...It worked for mine...No Guarentees it works for you..Talk to ya Mech 1st

Last edited: