Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

trap speed feature

MathoSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Im no legal boffin at all but in terms of the radar being a scientific instrument and the operator using it properly, shouldn't proper handling extend to the it being used for the purpose for which the device is intended? Which is the determination of the speed of the vehicle it is fitted to and not as a means of estimating the speed of a different vehicle? I would imagine with a decent lawyer you could argue the trap occurred whilst the police vehicle was closing the distance between the two cars?

Bennyflash

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Holden Commodore Omega VE Series II Auto
Hi Guys, my mate has a VE x police car and he has this trap function. He wants to get rid of it as when the car is in motion and he tries to change radio stations or skip songs on the CD but trap keeps coming up. Is it able to be switched back to normal use or does he need to get a tech 2 at service.

All this time we both thought it was hooked up the the police radar and they hit trap to catch the car they were following lol you learn something new everyday.

Hi;
I am having the same issue did you find an easy way to fix this issue or did it require a tech to fix it?

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi Guys, my mate has a VE x police car and he has this trap function. He wants to get rid of it as when the car is in motion and he tries to change radio stations or skip songs on the CD but trap keeps coming up. Is it able to be switched back to normal use or does he need to get a tech 2 at service.

All this time we both thought it was hooked up the the police radar and they hit trap to catch the car they were following lol you learn something new everyday.
I have the same problem.

Anyone know the fix? Is it just simple as changing the steering controls?

Any help is appreciated as something small like this has been pissing me off for a while lol