Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Trayners VZ SS 6.0L Thunder Ute

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Yeah I do love the ss bar and thinking about the maloo bar etc would make it a bit tacky , just want something to make it "pop" abit more in the front lol

Leaving the ladder in there certainly makes it pop :)

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
god damn thats some **** news. i better start paying attention while driving to work at 4.30am instead of thinking 'maybe ill just close my eyes for a sec' haha

id keep the SS front bar too +1 senator does look good but doesnt do it justice imho

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
standard SS Bumper.

can fit a lot under the bonnet of a VZ, so more stealth by not having it out there.
if you do get a blower, many of the newer ones don't whine, so also less noticeable.
Harrop 2.4L with the OTR and MAF would suit this awesomely, with engine covers you'de almost not even know its there unless you know cars
if you do freeway driving your economy will be better aswell, although town driving blows that out of proportion :p

if it doesn't stand out, but has a bit of noise about it (like most do), it would be perfect for a daily that will pull hard when wanted :thumbsup:
that's what I'd do anyway.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
god damn thats some **** news. i better start paying attention while driving to work at 4.30am instead of thinking 'maybe ill just close my eyes for a sec' haha

id keep the SS front bar too +1 senator does look good but doesnt do it justice imho

Yeah it fricking woke me up alright lol , yeah im leaning towards ss bumper too

standard SS Bumper.

can fit a lot under the bonnet of a VZ, so more stealth by not having it out there.
if you do get a blower, many of the newer ones don't whine, so also less noticeable.
Harrop 2.4L with the OTR and MAF would suit this awesomely, with engine covers you'de almost not even know its there unless you know cars
if you do freeway driving your economy will be better aswell, although town driving blows that out of proportion :p

if it doesn't stand out, but has a bit of noise about it (like most do), it would be perfect for a daily that will pull hard when wanted :thumbsup:
that's what I'd do anyway.

yeah would deffently be a top mount charger , I wouldnt mind to much whine . I like the sound haha . Plus this will be a weekender so wont get daily regret of the noise .
Yeah my step dad had a vz crewman cross8 with the top mount and that thing hammered with the charger
I cant wait to see someone i know with one show me theres ;p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahah votes are in going to be keeping/going with the standard SS bumper :p

Already started looking for cheap sub $6k wagons and theres a few out there so ill just save my pennies for a month then buy the wagon and the ss can go under covers for abit then probly get a full respray . Shes racking up to many k's driving to the city areas each day and fuel is costing heaps . And getting trashed in the progress (stupid ladders )

Forgot to mention that its running a OTR now too , I wanted to use my duspeed from my old ss but I cant because of needing the MAF for the MAF tune and it doesnt fit . So got one of those cheap Ramjet clones , seems to work pretty good.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Front bar still ####ed havent had time to organise a new bumper/get ryder to paint it

But did take the plasti dip off the rims looks refreshing to see the silver/grey again

20150226_165801.jpg

20150226_174527.jpg

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Much better without Plastidip.

Stuff is gay as.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I had a dream the other night that i bought this car off you. Then got deported...

Hahahah wtf lol weird as dream

Much better without Plastidip.

Stuff is gay as.

Yeah was only going to be temporary to see what black rims would look like , plastidip looks good for about the first few weeks then in fades/gets dirty and turns a yuck off black colour so yeah agree with you on that one .
Makes the car look so clean now with the silver wheels . I keep staring at it . Probably because last time i had them silver the car wasn't lowered in the front so now it looks of its tits with the front and rear lowered and the silver wheels making it pop

I agree with the plasti dip but not on those rims! they look mint now :) keep it up :)

Cheers mate , cant wait to buy a daily then the real fun can happen with this beast