Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TrikkBen's 1990 R32 GTR. :D

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Poles move out the way for me..

Annnnnyways, quite a big development. Got one turbo off, plate on turbo says gt2560-707160-0005... Problem is after some SAU consultation, it has come to my attention that the plate on the turbo is not genuine therefore explaining my lack of power if they really were "-5's"...

Here's what I'm talking about:
2bf93cc0.jpg

So I am trying to figure out what to do, send them off to get measured and work out what they are or sell them.. Either way I'm buying a new set..

Ben

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Bit annoying if they aren't the real deal mate, though very good to sort it out. What will the replacements be?

TrikkBen

Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
May have found the problem...............
They are -5's, well the rear on has genuine plate on it.. But! The bloody WG was not shut, its open about 3mm free floating, meaning I had a major boost leak, but couldn't see the drop off as it was leaking as soon as you turned on the engine.
The actuator arm was not adjusted to keep the gate closed tight. The front is fine, just the rear has this problem..

Will get a vid explaing what I mean, when I saw it, I instantly clicked where a lot of power was going..

Will put them up for sale cheap, try and make some cash to fund the brand newies..

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Have you considered getting the wastegates ported and new flaps and actuators upgraded? Or you'd rather just get new bigger turbos? do these old ones have much play?

TrikkBen

Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Have you considered getting the wastegates ported and new flaps and actuators upgraded? Or you'd rather just get new bigger turbos? do these old ones have much play?

-5's are what I want. Bigger than that and it becomes way to laggy, even the 5's are pushing the responsiveness out the door slightly... There is a little shaft play on them, I don't know what's a lot and what's a little as I have no experience with them.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
okso im not really up to speed with what is 5 and -5 are. Im guessing theyre different version of GT25's can you elaborate a little more? All i know is that theres your stock ceramic wheeled twin and theres the steel wheeled N1 style. My mate Trav has these on his GTR

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Also found some inspiration for you im sure you've seen it but others may nto have

Last edited by a moderator:

TrikkBen

Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
okso im not really up to speed with what is 5 and -5 are. Im guessing theyre different version of GT25's can you elaborate a little more? All i know is that theres your stock ceramic wheeled twin and theres the steel wheeled N1 style. My mate Trav has these on his GTR

-5's (Dash fives) are Garretts designation. GT2560/2860R-707160-0005.
The difference is sizing. There is -10's,-5's, -7's and -9's.
-7's are the 34 N1 steel wheel turbos.

Neat vid, but my car won't be built drag racing. I want to stay relatively competitive out of corners, something like that won't get on boost till 5000+... And it had a glide lol