Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Thread followers i have 2 problems 1 the fuel part doesnt work on my lvl 3 just ran a wire to the empty ecu plug like stated and no go and 2 im being alerted that the temp guage isnt working which it isnt wanna finish today hopefully

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Maybe a dash plug upside down - and the yellow black will be in the wrong plug.

djw96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Ecotec
That will work as long as they are the same model dash's...that is vr/s level3 dash into a vr or vs car
or vn/p level 3 dash into a vn or vp car ..if you swap the two type level 3 dashes the wiring will burn out as there are different connections on the other 3 instrument connections between the two types.

Another thing I think the tan and green wires in the middle connector jpeg I've called them terminal 8 when they are actually terminal 7 but the colours are right and all the connections are soldered to wires that are the same colour anyway.

so i cant swap a vn calais FULL interer including cruz con ect to my vs exe?

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
You could but its gonna be alot of hassle the wiring for the vn cluster was done differentley your better off just upgrading the cluster to level 3 and the loom much less stuffing around and sell the dash out of your other car on here or ebay

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
so i cant swap a vn calais FULL interer including cruz con ect to my vs exe?

VN cluster in a VS - even with fancy wire job will still fail at cruise control - trip computer is different and will never ever work the cruise. :) So dont do it...... :) :)

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
how do i get it so that the digital speedo is displayed all the time without it bein in diag mode? i think i remember seeing something about it but im not sure... lol i ended up makin my own loom for mine. used the terminals outa my wrecker car and soldered them onto the correct pins in the 4th plug hole. then i soldered each wire to another plug i found(door wiring harness from the drivers side lol) so that i could remove it normally. only trouble i had was that i dropped a lil ball of solder onto the plastic between pins 17 and 18 which ment when i tried to change modes it would come up with fuel flow calc. and if i tried to do anything it would just count up. ended up maxin it out. but its back down to normal now. thanks alot guys
??????????????????????????????

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
After talking to 88greenvn and doing tests of my own it doesn't seem possible to have the digital speedo showing all the time without being in diagnostic mode