Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Troys 2007 WM Statesman

v8wm

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm v8 statesman
hi, where did u get the led parkers and fogs and how much did it cost you? looks mad. I've got the same color wm but v8. let me know. thanks mate

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Cheers for the comments mate, really appreciate it.

No updates. I guttered a rim on Friday, not very bad. Fkn flooded road, pissing rain and parking at a dodgy angle. **** happens. I don't think I'll worry about getting it fixed this time (unlike the last 3).

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Hey Troy, are you wearing super sports right now?

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
G'day Troy, Couple of quick questions mate.

I was wondering what the difference between the Grange spoiler and the lip spoiler that some caprices were optioned with?, want to do the lip spoiler on mine.
You mentioned you fixed the side indicators, mine too are cracked and shithouse, did you upgrade to the series 2 indicator and is this better (ie. doesn't crack)
Finally, i'm upgrading the lights, I've replaced the parkers, mirrors, number plates and interior dome and map lights with LEDs. -- I noticed you upgraded yours too, do you know what size festoons are in the car (boot, door etc.) and what size globes are in the high beam and fogs, and how do you replace the footwell lights??
Finally, is there another way to get to the highs and fogs without pulling the whole front end off?.

Thanks mate,
Your car looks awesome, pity it copped the love tap in the arse, but at least you got it fixed nice.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
G'day Troy, Couple of quick questions mate.

I was wondering what the difference between the Grange spoiler and the lip spoiler that some caprices were optioned with?, want to do the lip spoiler on mine.
You mentioned you fixed the side indicators, mine too are cracked and shithouse, did you upgrade to the series 2 indicator and is this better (ie. doesn't crack)
Finally, i'm upgrading the lights, I've replaced the parkers, mirrors, number plates and interior dome and map lights with LEDs. -- I noticed you upgraded yours too, do you know what size festoons are in the car (boot, door etc.) and what size globes are in the high beam and fogs, and how do you replace the footwell lights??
Finally, is there another way to get to the highs and fogs without pulling the whole front end off?.

Thanks mate,
Your car looks awesome, pity it copped the love tap in the arse, but at least you got it fixed nice.

The Caprice one is about half the size as the Grange one. I reckon the Grange looks much better because it makes the arse look fatter.

When I replaced the indicators the S2 was still 2 years off so I don't know if they improved the plastic. My brand new ones cracked in 12 months.

Not sure what size the festoon bulbs are, sorry. As for front headlight bulbs you can move the battery aside to gain access to one side and remove the washer bottle pipe for the other.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
just put SSL Springs front and back on my WM and the ride... the ride.... THE RIDE......

its bad. really bad im not all that happy about it.

spewing..

cheers

h4ydos

I guess it's up to the individual, I never found the ride overly terrible but after my last ute anything would be better lol

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Well I think I can quite safely say that within 12 months I'll be moving on from the Stato. It's been a great car and I love it to death but I think I'm ready for a massive change. I'm looking at a Prado, Pathfinder or Pajero diesel auto no more than 3 or 4 years old. With regular trips to my in laws farm on Friday nights I think it's going to be a much more practical option. I'm after something I can put a bar on and flog a skippy and not have to worry about totalling the car plus something I won't cry about if it gets a scratch or stone chip.

If anyone is interested in buying my car I'd be looking at around $17,000 currently which is just enough to pay it out at the moment. Plus I'll do a full detail on it lol.

Edit: looking at previous posts I put up a pic of the odometer at 100,000Km on 4/9/2011 and at the moment I think it has just less than 115,000Km. Goes to show how much I actually drive it nowadays! It pretty much goes to and from my missus work and gets parked in the garage for the weekend. The only time it comes out is if I have to do a trip with more than 1 passenger which is hardly ever.