Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trying to pull these dents, Hr Holden

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
I'm using F217 fibrelight 2k as the base filler than im skimming the base with UPOL Easy 1 body filler (deep repair) i know you guys said to use the light fair stuff to skim the surface but i had already ordered these two

I think thats why im finding it difficult to sand smooth

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
How bad will the paint job look if i paint over this panel this is how she looks im done for the day im over sanding and filling, the other side turned out really good but this drivers side is kicking my ass

https://ibb.co/8YFgdQZ
https://ibb.co/db9bQRk
https://ibb.co/gmgqHv5
Keep at it. Compared to what you have already accomplished, there isn't that much more to do (that section). :cool:
If you painted it like how it is now, every time you look at it you'll get seasick. Too wavy!

Keep at it, or you will be VERY pissed of that you didn't do the extra!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah get some gloss on that and it will look terrible. Try a finishing 1/3 sheet sander and some 80g to try and remove the waves. You will have 100s of hours in body work getting it ready to prime. If you don't put the time in it won't end well.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah get some gloss on that and it will look terrible. Try a finishing 1/3 sheet sander and some 80g to try and remove the waves. You will have 100s of hours in body work getting it ready to prime. If you don't put the time in it won't end well.
He is going to need to fill first before more sanding?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
He is going to need to fill first before more sanding?
I'd be inclined to level it off somewhat and then layer it up again with some broad strokes of filler.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd be inclined to level it off somewhat and then layer it up again with some broad strokes of filler.
You maybe right? Very deceptive looking at pics?
To me, looks like it needs a touch more bog?

I get a bit of string & tape it on one end, where there is no waves. Then try & work out if more bog on or more bog of? I also use the hand too.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The issue I see by adding bog now it will still have waves when he applies as it won't skim over easily being so wavy. The plastic applicator will ride up over the high spots and apply bog to those as well. I think if they are knocked off somewhat he should be able to get some wide strokes of filler over the whole area and have a more level finish, if that makes sense.

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
Thanks guys i just had to walk away from it for today, all that mixing and sanding was getting to me

I firstly knocked all the dags off with 80 grit on the orbital than i used the long board to highlight the high's as it leaves scratches on the high points so i went at those with the orbital and its brought the level right down

I just need to maybe circle the lows with a texta so i only fill in the lows and not create more waves

So hard to get a good finished surface, i only have around 10-12 hours in both rear quaters in filling and sanding, just for some reason the side the sun shines on is making the filler extra hard to sand

Reactions: Lex

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
Losh hard to do the string line the HR isnt a straight horizontal panel its got a slight step it half way along where the panel kicks in its very minor and u can only see it with a straight edge its about 4mm in at the boot as apposed to above the wheel arch