Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tune Up on the Gold Coast

Unrool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hi All,

I've had a good look through the forums and can't find anything recent past 10yrs, so can anyone recommend or direct me to somewhere on the Gold Coast to get a general tune up on the RB30 VL?

I was working away the last 5ys so she didn't get much attention so have brought her back to life with all new plugs, leads, AFM, CAS, timing set etc etc etc but now she has a very faint flat spot under initial load.

While she's idling there's no flat spot at all and she sounds great when you rev her, but put it in gear and put your foot on the accelerator she splutters for a second. feels like a fuel thing but injectors have been removed and cleaned, tank removed and cleaned and new fuel pump and filter.....I'm at a loss.

I've called a few places and all I keep getting is they don't have anyone working there that knows the RB30.

She's not a high performance machine so High Torque and Chip Torque are no good to me.

Help!!!!

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Cleveland Exhaust. Aka nugget garage.

Dane has a workshop now, aka corn fed boost.

It's not the Goldy but they're the best I know of close ish.

There's Empire Auto electrics as well if you get stuck. (Not just a sparky)

I've seen RB30s in at Auto Carbs at Woolloongabba too, (not to mention some of the nicest cars I've ever seen in person). Also, does more than just carbs.

Unrool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Cleveland Exhaust. Aka nugget garage.

Dane has a workshop now, aka corn fed boost.

It's not the Goldy but they're the best I know of close ish.

There's Empire Auto electrics as well if you get stuck. (Not just a sparky)

I've seen RB30s in at Auto Carbs at Woolloongabba too, (not to mention some of the nicest cars I've ever seen in person). Also, does more than just carbs.
Thanks mate, Anyone know of anywhere closer to the Gold Coast?