Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo chioce for buick v6 stroker

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
The GTX is killer,I have it on my BA.The std rear housings on the Fords are 1.06 also.

Even the FG/G6E have the 1.06 but have a smaller compressor wheel.Another option is Borg Warner turbos.

Paid 1650 for my new gtx3582r.350rwkw at 16psi.Turbo is rated at 750 hp,full boost by mid 2000rpm depending on IAT temps at the time.
picsofturboandkms005.jpg

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
looking to make between 450 and 500 rwhp.
its auto (th700). and its street driven.

Give up and get a V8. Although if you feel like blowing thousands of dollars into a 6 go crazy.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
The GTX is killer,I have it on my BA.The std rear housings on the Fords are 1.06 also.

Even the FG/G6E have the 1.06 but have a smaller compressor wheel.Another option is Borg Warner turbos.

Paid 1650 for my new gtx3582r.350rwkw at 16psi.Turbo is rated at 750 hp,full boost by mid 2000rpm depending on IAT temps at the time.

What he said 500rwhp is perfect out of a 35/40 with the price that freddy here got his GTX for you can go wrong. Billet higher flowing front wheel is worth it and they are around same price as a normal one

Give up and get a V8. Although if you feel like blowing thousands of dollars into a 6 go crazy.

Lol youd need to spend heaps on a v8 to make 500rwhp and considering hes already stroked a v6 your post is a waste of time

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
What he said 500rwhp is perfect out of a 35/40 with the price that freddy here got his GTX for you can go wrong. Billet higher flowing front wheel is worth it and they are around same price as a normal one

Lol youd need to spend heaps on a v8 to make 500rwhp and considering hes already stroked a v6 your post is a waste of time
Are you on the other forum bloke,psi pops mate?

Im going to a LS motor noe so the 350rwkw BA has been given to this missus to put around in,looks so funny.

MTQ in Adelaide is where I got the turbo.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
yeah i am genfree i knew it was you by the photo you posted :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

picsofturboandkms005.jpg

small filter :p

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
^^^^Yeah its not the best atm,shocking tbh,still running std piping configuration but just improved somewhat.The pipe to crossover gets in the way.Had to get this filter from America as its only stocked their.K&N's smalles 4" neck filter.2.75" long lol:)

This was why I spoke about the spooltime being dependant on IAT's.After city stop starting if you boot it their is only around 310320rwkw their.The fans also b,low hot air into the turbo.I blew the original 1 week before Gazzanats this year so this was just a quick setup to turn the tires for the weekend lol.Turn them she did,still smells like peanuts from the tire smoke.:)

New setup will be still as planned(Process West 2.3 kit)when I was driving it even though the other half drives it now.

These turbos are around 20% quieter than the usual 35/40,something I liked alot to add to the stealthness a little more.