Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo Ecotec blowby

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Hey guys,

My turbo build is finished, VS T5 Ecotec running about 7psi. Thing is quite good and happy, but I am noticing after running it for a while that the breather on the rocker cover is venting small amounts of what I assume is blowby smoke. I took the PCV and closed it over when I built it so it shouldn't be leaking. The engine is only about 7000km's old, is this something that I should just expect?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
as long as it aint puffing out its probably been real rich or is rich and filled your oil with fuel via the ring gaps. it evaporates out when you stop.i would probably give it an oil change if it has.or your turbo ex housing is getting real hot and superheating your engine oil thats returning to the sump

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
The tuner did tune it on the safe side, so that may explain it. Its not heaps, just wiffs for probably 30 seconds after pulling over and then once the engine is shut down it stops all together. Would it be a good idea to plumb it between the filter and compressor inlet so that it recircs like the original PCV would?

Last edited: