Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo front brakes on an NA

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
ok, my bad 4 got to mention i was lookn 4 PBR to the dude,
if new hose lines are 45 bucks new then wat would the price off braded lines? 80 bucks :eek:

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i don't think the guy you were talking to is on the level. i researched the disc sizes while working as spare parts interpreter. i know the guy at repco i spoke too as i did stocktake with them. and i also spoke to a mate at mcarthur tyres. and all he does all day is brakes and suspension. I already said if you have the VT brakes by all means put them on. i wouldn't BUY them myself. If someone gave them to me... sh*t yeah i'd put them on too. I'm just concerned of the change in offset. i wouldn't mind someone here enlightening me.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Turbo calipers will not fit NA discs and vise versa, turbo calipers are very similar to na ones except they have the fins and some vents that the na does not. This aids dispersing the heat allot better than the NA calipers and also the turbo discs are 1 inch bigger than NA discs which will also aid stopping power. I got the calipers for $19 so I'm not complaining I will get a reco kit and some slotted rotors and fit them up.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
bangers said:
...sh*t yeah i'd put them on too. I'm just concerned of the change in offset. i wouldn't mind someone here enlightening me.

off set isnt that they total width of the wheel base side to side, coz if it is i will just have to rool the gaurds as my 15s are almost touchn allready :(

im not sure if theres any kits to fix this but i will findout soon,

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
turbo PBR calipers shouldn't be finned. they just house the normal turbo pads. so essentially they should be bigger than the nonturbo PBR calipers. what i meant by all the above is you can go and buy turbo pads and they'll fit straight into a PBR caliper (as long as they are the turbo caliper). you don't have to buy special pads.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs commodore
Use Vn Ss Discs 292mm Dia And Vt Pads Calipers And Carriers.you Will Have To File Or Grind A Small Casting From Inside Of Vt Carrier To Fit To Std Vl Front Shock / Carrier Mount.works Well On My Racecar And Improves Stopping Heaps

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
theres a pic of my vt twin spots and 296mm dics compared to n/a vl brakes, the size is visably differant, gives u a ruff idea of the vlt brakes size would compare 2 n/a vl brakes,

sorry bit off topic but paintin calipers just clean them then paint with heat risistant paint or is there a specail caliper paint?
and would you recomend primer to be used first?

Last edited:

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
just use engine paint. whats the difference between vt discs and vlturbo discs?

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
ones of a vt and the other is off vl :D

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
yeah i know. but its an N/A vl. turbo discs are bigger. whats the difference between turbo discs and vt discs? i don't think its much from memory.