Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo or Supercharge?

kurtbarker

Reaction score
I'm sorry to be repeating a thread but I can't remmeber where I saw it and what the outcome was. But in short I remmeber someone asking if they could Supercharge or Turbo there VK. Now mine is an 84 VK 3.3 EFI, any suggestions? thanks

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
You can do either but to get decent results it will need an engine rebuild.

CAPA do a blower kit I actually considered it untill I found out the cost. I was quoted around $5000 for a kit, I never investigated what it came with or what extras I would have needed.

A turbo setup wouldnt be much different price wise by the time you spend money on the turbo, exhaust, manifolds, intercooler and after market EFI.

For that money and the result you could get you will get better bang for your buck out of an engine conversion and save money in the long run.

If you want a reasonably powerful 202 you can get it without spending insane $$ otherwise if your chasing bigger power dont consider sticking with the 202. You engine conversion options at a reasonable price are as follows

V6 conversion
Supercharged V6 conversion
RB series nissan engines, with a varietty of combinations of cubic capacity,turbos & single or twin cams you can get some pretty good results
EFI 5L conversion
There are some Toyota engines I think could work but would probably cost more to purchase and install & develop.

cheers
Scott