Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo VS Ute

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Nice ute mate, looks real clean how did you go about redoing your rooflining mines currently stuck to the roof with safety pins lol. also your ute sits about the same height as mine in the rear im guessing it is rough as f**k did having stockies on the back make the ride any better?

Thanks mate, there is a how to in the how to section wich is realy helpfull. Follow that and you will be right :) I havent seen many as low as mine in the back. I have cut the bumpstops off completly including the bracket holding them on. The shocks are monroe lowerd shocks and they know bottom out so im after some with a shorter stroke then that. Stockies dont make much of a difference.

Heres a pic of how the rear sits mate (exuse the primer)

IMG_0683.jpg

Well got myself a pioneer fold out dvd screen realy cheap of a mate so that will be going in very soon :)

idgothat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs, v6 commodore ute s2
wicked ute mate, love that center console bit looks mint haha

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice and low nice ute mate.

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
long time no update

Well alot has and is changing with the ute. I have moved back to my parents house so i know have internet again but no were to work on ute comfortably :(

ok well were do i start.

getrag has been swapped for a T5 out of a vr ute.
Mirror balanced flywheel ( L67 flexplate )
HD clutch
Exhuast has been done. Pacemaker extractors into twin 2 1/2 inch with twin magnaflow 100cpsi cats, into a muffler then single 3' out the back with a supercat resinator.
ZZP performance 3.3' 11psi pulley
Full throttle customs CIA with 4" K&N monster pod hahah
Fully rebuilt mini spooled diff with 3.9 diff gears out of a r31 wagon
AC has been removed
6000k HID kit installed
Foglights fitting and half wired with 4500k halogen globes( still trying to find a genuine switch to finsh off the wiring )

Thats about it at the moment i think. I have been saving my $$ hard laterly for a re spray and with no license the ute is just sitting there.

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

32e084dd.jpg

df6274ab.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

4481d263.jpg

946cc1f5.jpg

2fc963b1.jpg

a8feae39.jpg

Its sitting out the front all lonerly with no front bar because im waiting for my crystal head lights to arrive so i can install them then fit the front bar. After that i need a new bonnet+ side skirts then fit new bumperretts and she is off for qoutes for the re spray :)

Also took the ute down to justin at bye performance in welshpool ( top bloke ) Put her on the dyno to see what she made.

IMG_1869.jpg

No cats or rear resi in the video and photos and it was stupidly loud.

So thats wear i am at the moment. Finding time to work on the ute is hard at the moment with work but i try hahaha

Last edited:

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6spd Ute / VS 5spd L67 Ute III
so good mate :) haha i drive with a straight through exhaust everyday to work :-/ sooo loud haha hope to get the SS on the road so i can start doing more stuff to my ute

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Thanks mate :) fuel pump is on the cards know

Yeh I no the feeling, when I first got the exhaust done, long story but it was made without cats or a resi so around 2500 it would get this horrible alloytec sound except 4x as loud and would scare old grannys hahah sounds alot better know and the extra back pressure seams to have helped to