Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo VT

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
Name: Damo
Model: VT II olympic edition
Colour: borin white
Bodykit: none
Engine Type: 3.8 ecotec
Engine Mods:T04 turbo, 32lb injectors, external wastegate, FMIC, BOV.
Power:180rwkw
Exhaust: Custom manifolds and 3inch exhaust with 3 mufflers.
Gearbox: auto
Diff:3.07 lsd
Brakes:standard
Suspension:Low kings springs
Wheels/Tyres: 18 inch RJR
Interior:standard
Other Mods: painted lower bumpers
Stereo: EONON dvd/screen combo with clarion splits in the front and 6inch in the back, eclipse mono block and 12 inch rockford fosgate sub
Build Period: couple months
Future mods: new manifolds and retune with the bigger injectors and more boost. hoping for about 220-230rwkw.

P1020388.jpg

P1020385.jpg

P1020380.jpg

P1020382.jpg

Last edited:

crack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6 manual ute
Future mods: sell turbo and add blower!!

mmm, interesting. sucks that you didn't stick with the turbo but i guess the supercharger you are getting is even more rare. will you keep us updated with how it's progressing (the blower install that is)?

have you got any plans for engine internals or cam/rockers?

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
no plans as yet. i may get a set of YT rockers cause ive seen people make good numbers with blowers and them. it will all start once the turbo setup sells so when i finish uni in 3 weeks ill stick it on ebay if i dont get any interest from the comodore forums. then i can order the blower and start organising all the bits and pieces. the turbo is excellant fun, so good to drive but im liking the idea of more power and the only way i can do that without blowing up the gearbox or engine is with a centrifical supercharger, cause the turbo makes too much power too soon in the revs and the gearbox doesnt like it. if my car was manual i prob would keep the turbo.

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
hey mate, love the turbo setup!

the colour isnt borin white though, dono who told you that

its heron white.

shaness

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss 5.0
how much do you want for the turbo setup???????

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
I want $5200. included is everything except sump and tune. the sump cause i reused the seal with silicone and if i pull it off it will wreck the seal however i have a VS sump and can weld a fitting in it or a VT sump if provided. and the tune cause i paid 1500 to get it converted to mafless and they had to modify a lot of the wiring so it will be a pain in the ass to convert back.

included is the 3 in exhaust and cat, turbo manifolds(cermaic coated) T04b turbo with cermaic coated turbine housing and polished comp housing, 38mm wastegate, BOV. all intercooler pipework is tig welded aliminium and the visible sections are polished, intercooler and brackets. included is the reversed plenum with polished lid and 32lb injectors. the injectors are a bit small and the car has been maxing out at 180rwkw at 4500rpm, but larger injectors and it should be above 200rwkw easy.

all it needs to be sucessfully installed into a VT-VY is the sump modified and installed, install everything included, peel back o2 sesnor wires so they reach the o2 sensors and throttle body wires, install exhaust, and then get it tuned. it is highly reccomended to install new engine mounts when installing the turbo to give more clearance around the wastegate as the origional mounts sag big time and the extra power will wreck them pretty quick. i had this problem origionally.

any local people interested are welcome for a test drive. and when i pull it off i will re-polish up all the pipework to make it look fresh.

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
extra note: The turbo was reconditioned with new turbine impeller and internals when i built up the system about 6000k ago so it should have lots of life in it and be like new. and i also have a larger compressor housing and wheel that i was going to put on it that is also included.

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
Had it on Ebay but no bids so i decided to keep it. I have been trying different mufflers to make it quieter but no luck so far. i will put the injectors in soon and im gonna get a boost controller to up it to 10psi. i hope to get it re-tuned soon.

vt_s_manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II spac manual
hey commotion....nice car man u must be lovin the turbo pwer
one question tho mate, the lsd diff u got in ur car....would it be suited to my n/a vt and if so, how can i get my hands on one and how much am i lookin at in cash
cheers