Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turismo SSZ ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim, VS II Calais, HQ Premier
Over the weekend I upgraded the stereo, I was sick of not being able to have my phone/ipod plugged into the car and just wanted an upgrade from the standard head unit. Autobarn having a 25% off sale also helped. Just went for a basic stereo and speaker upgrade, nothing too fancy.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had this lowered, rear shocks were stuffed so I had it done at the same time. Didnt want it slammed but wanted it sitting a bit better then it was before.
Before
H3FVtL3.jpg

After
4YhZV4E.jpg

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Looks great. Love the VF wheels on it! Just enough without going overboard.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks, im pretty happy with the height its at now. Have recently moved out of home and was very useful and useless at the same time. Good for moving a large amount of stuff in one trip as long as it all fits under the hard lid..
I also changed the console lid to a calais one
liWQ4Kv.jpg

Have also gone back to the stock wheels as the SSV's needed tyres and I bought new wheels which ended up on the vs...
Ill give it a clean soon and take some fresh pics when I get time

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Gota look after these things even more so now .
No such thing as a sports utility made new any more anywhere in the world ( to my knowledge anyway) .
And no!!! A zupped up 4x dual cab is definitely not and will never be a sports utility .

Reaction score
Members Ride
When I bought this car it had been keyed along both sides and had full intentions on respraying when I got it within 12 months.. well 18 months after buying it I finally got around to it. I'm a spray painter by trade and the boss was willing to let me use the workshop after hours and on weekends which was a massive help. At the same time I resprayed it I purchased new belt moulds, badges, headlights, taillights and a second hand tailgate in better condition. The whole thing was stripped down and took me about 2 and a half months from start to finish working mainly on weekends and during my lunch breaks.

hhSwk3D.jpg

Pulled apart ready to start repairs, sunroof also came out

IgC22je.jpg

Repairs done and ready for primer

sn1W0eX.jpg

Blocked ready for paint

bvJWo4x.jpg

Fresh paint

aY0gYY6.jpg

Out in the sun the next morning

UxyZUW1.jpg

Bumpers and a lot of little bits off the car, door handles, sail plane etc