Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turning a VL Sadan into a Coupe

morri3

Morri3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hi,has anyone out there turned their 4 door commodore into a coupe? I'm just in the planning stage i've got the panel side of things sorted as lengthing the doors etc but i'm a bit stuck on whitch glass to use as i would like to have windup windows in the rear 1/4's as well .. Any ideas??

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
There were a few VH's turned into 2 doors way back in the 80's. None of them looked quite right. I'd say hacking the back doors off a VL and scrapping them is a great start but you sill have the rest of the car to go.

Reaper

morri3

Morri3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
I've got no pictures but have thought through the project , it all hinges on what glass i can sorce , an auto glasss mate suggests that i try and use a two door glass of a jappa that has the same angle up the a piller , it has to be done propperly as i will have to get it cert ed

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Why not buy something off the shelf instead of reinventing the wheel, have a look at an opal Monza, get the complete doors etc off one problem solved.

Scott

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
why not just buy an adayer sportiff (vh 2 door) and put a vl front on it.

JustDylan

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
I appreciate you're trying to do something different but this just seems like a bad idea.

morri3

Morri3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
I'v live in nz and never seen a two door commodore, so thats why , my mate's chopping a mark one cortina s/w to a two door but my comma will look better after all its a holden!!