Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin 3 inch Difillippo on auto

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
if you have afm it will sound like ass and drone when it kicks in.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Don’t go 3” - the drone between 1800 and 2300 will do your head in!

mines bad enough with the 2.5” - auto, sportwagon with afm deactivated

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Couple of people on here have had issues with rattling resonators/mufflers on their dpe systems(complete joke considering the price) and its apparently a known issue and some have been that unhappy that they removed them,some just hate the sound.
I see quite a few dpe systems for sale second hand for whatever reason,i personally wouldn't waste thousands on a dpe exhaust,very over rated and over priced for what they are.
Just my opinion based on what ive read and seen around the place,also personally spoke to a guy who hated his dpe system considering the price he paid.
There are also people who are happy with them so its not a one way street.
Most expensive doesn't always mean the best performing or sounding,id go custom every time for that amount of money.
I know what I get like once I get an idea in my head and its hard to change that train of thought,maybe your better off just buying one and finding out for yourself?
I reckon theres a 50/50 chance you will love it or hate it:)

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Couple of people on here have had issues with rattling resonators/mufflers on their dpe systems(complete joke considering the price) and its apparently a known issue and some have been that unhappy that they removed them,some just hate the sound.
I see quite a few dpe systems for sale second hand for whatever reason,i personally wouldn't waste thousands on a dpe exhaust,very over rated and over priced for what they are.
Just my opinion based on what ive read and seen around the place,also personally spoke to a guy who hated his dpe system considering the price he paid.
There are also people who are happy with them so its not a one way street.
Most expensive doesn't always mean the best performing or sounding,id go custom every time for that amount of money.
I know what I get like once I get an idea in my head and its hard to change that train of thought,maybe your better off just buying one and finding out for yourself?
I reckon theres a 50/50 chance you will love it or hate it:)

I have always loved the DPE sound, but specifically the note of the Walkinshaw W310/375 exhaust.

There are reports of minimal droning in this system, so I might have to pay a little more and get there stepped 3 to 2.5 system.

I have just bought a Jeep SRT as my daily, meaning my calais will live in the garage and be driven once a month on a Sunday, so I want to give it the exhaust note I always regretted not doing when I first did my car 4 years ago.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
if you have afm it will sound like ass and drone when it kicks in.
Hey mate, my car is tuned, AFM is switched off.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don’t go 3” - the drone between 1800 and 2300 will do your head in!

mines bad enough with the 2.5” - auto, sportwagon with afm deactivated

Do you have headers and cats too?

Where is the drone in the rev range on the 2.5?

Cheers

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I have always loved the DPE sound, but specifically the note of the Walkinshaw W310/375 exhaust.

There are reports of minimal droning in this system, so I might have to pay a little more and get there stepped 3 to 2.5 system.

I have just bought a Jeep SRT as my daily, meaning my calais will live in the garage and be driven once a month on a Sunday, so I want to give it the exhaust note I always regretted not doing when I first did my car 4 years ago.
Where abouts does the walky DPE step?

I agree that they are the easy to find 2nd hand so might be an option.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Do you have headers and cats too?

Where is the drone in the rev range on the 2.5?

Cheers

Drone is from 1800 through to 2300odd rpm

Certainly worse when it’s cold

Got the full dpe system inc 1 3/4 inch headers along with 2 of their cats

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
If your current setup does not drone it - dont touch it.

I will say that in my experience with DP exhaust setup it droned with the W310 pack and it was worse when I had CAM/Heads done.

I feel the DP exhaust might have a supposed deep tone you think it might sound like in your mind, but I feel they lack definition in sound in MY OPINION - I feel the KPM exhaust I have now is much nicer in terms of a crisper more defined note which has just as much volume when you need it.

In my current setup the KPM does drone as well - I think there is something with my setup which causes the drone.

What might work in your favour are REX headers might not cause the drone?

Last edited:

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
Where abouts does the walky DPE step?

I agree that they are the easy to find 2nd hand so might be an option.

The change in size is at the center section resonators, they are 3" in, 2.5" out.