Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin turbo how much power?

SpEc_OpS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
you can have a twin turbo alloytec theres twin turbo vz i know of thats not quite finished by that i mean the tuning isnt fully completed but apart from that it works fine. As for the VE alloytec the computer is easily tuneable with vcm suite so yes u can easily have a twin turbo ve alloytec dont expect it for anything less than 6K if you modify and install everything yourself plus get the tuning done through a mate.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I'm with redcv6, prove us wrong and go spend an enormous amount of money on a getting a V6 twin turboed.

Why not just start of with a V8, it can only get better from there on, or do people have a thing for having the extra 2 cylinders.

You are on the P's anyway, so no turbo or high powered vehicle.

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
im still on my Ps and i have a turbo vs v6. it looks like a nugget and all that crap. u just have to know not to have your car low or loud and look like its not modified. i got my manifold and all that from george at pro flow and he has a alloytec there with twin turbos but its in a vp but the engine bays r only bigger so it should all bolt just about in with little mods if he copies that kit

VN Wagz

PshhhhHHT- **TuTuTuTu**
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6 Wagon
you can have twin turbos on an alloytec- Scranton Bros racing in the US built one a few years ago for drag racing- destroked to 3.2L, twin turbos, 10,000 rpm and 40psi boost it made 1650hp and ran 6.5s at 215mph.

Heads, crank and block were all factory parts, modified of course. Still bloody impressive tho :D

Unfortunately, we are going to need a few more years before this sort of crazyness starts appearing- the older V6s are only starting to now get developed, decades after they went out of production (well, at least for my engine!!).

If you have the money, you can do anything...

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
Don't listen to the crap about ""just get a v8"" yea its cheaper to get an 8 pot but anyone can buy a v8, now a v6 turb or twin turb theres something to write home about. Do your research, i know the alloytec has hi compression so u will want to address that, but have a go mate do most of it yourself will make it waaay cheaper in the long run.
Just cause noone has done it yet doesn't mean it can't be done.
Think in the 1500s we were sure the world was flat....what are we sure of now? makes you think eh
good luck mate blow the v8 boys away good luck

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Don't listen to the crap about ""just get a v8"" yea its cheaper to get an 8 pot but anyone can buy a v8, now a v6 turb or twin turb theres something to write home about. Do your research, i know the alloytec has hi compression so u will want to address that, but have a go mate do most of it yourself will make it waaay cheaper in the long run.
Just cause noone has done it yet doesn't mean it can't be done.
Think in the 1500s we were sure the world was flat....what are we sure of now? makes you think eh
good luck mate blow the v8 boys away good luck

Haha what!?

And why not go for turbo V8. Sounds better to me.

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
I'm with redcv6, prove us wrong and go spend an enormous amount of money on a getting a V6 twin turboed.

Why not just start of with a V8, it can only get better from there on, or do people have a thing for having the extra 2 cylinders.

You are on the P's anyway, so no turbo or high powered vehicle.

Haha

:thumbsup:

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
seen a supercharged ve sv6 today at work it was at bobjane across the carpark got 22's is matlic lime green it looked hot then i seen the supercharger badge then i liked it even more