Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo or Centrifugal Supercharger LFX?

Hartley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 S1 3.6
Seems a lot for a VF SS. VF Redline sold here mid last year for $45k. Took a while to sell too. Dealer was having trouble understanding why at $45k his low km Redline ute was not selling.
Yeah I'm sort of just going off carsales what I've seen. Obviously the amount people list for is quite often a bit higher than the actual sale price.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
also remember with turbos if u have two u only have half the engine trying to spool up each turbo but if u have one slightly bigger turbo u use the full engine to spool so it can be more responsive/power with just a single, also half the pipework, cooling pipes, oil pipes ect
I think smaller twin turbos spool up faster, the reason BMW use twin turbos on their inline 6 M models. I've driven a few XR6 Turbo Falcon's with bigger single turbos and they're pretty flat down low. I never got into turbos to know much about them as most are rice burners and we were always modifying V8's to beat them!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I think smaller twin turbos spool up faster, the reason BMW use twin turbos on their inline 6 M models. I've driven a few XR6 Turbo Falcon's with bigger single turbos and they're pretty flat down low. I never got into turbos to know much about them as most are rice burners and we were always modifying V8's to beat them!
yea if the turbos are sized correctly then should be ok but there is always give and take if u want faster spool down low u can limit to top end, bmw may even use two different size ? one for quick spool for bottom end and a larger one for top end i think i remember nissan doing that back in the day, if the falcons are like my cruze turbo all ecu controlled then they are made to be laggy down low u can adjust the pressure delta to get them to spool faster and quite a bit to get them more responsive, but yea i dont know a great deal about turbos either, prefer positive displacement