Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre Help

brad2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE S2
I recently got a demo model SV6 VE Series II, however there's one thing bugging the crap out of me, which is the tyres.
My wheels are fitting with these weird **** brand called Ling Long and they ALWAYS spin. The wheels them self say 50psi max for the tyre, but I am unable to find what the car recommends, so I put in 35 on all wheels since that's what I think is standard.
Back to the spinning issue, whenever I put on about half power+ acceleration from a stand still, they spin uncontrollably until I take my foot off the pedal. In wet weather this happens at about 1/4 power. It is pissing me off and I feel really unsafe with these tyres on my car. I have seen the ESC activated message on my trip so often I think the image is about to be burnt into the screen.

Can anyone please give me tyre advice, I want to buy new tyres but I have no idea what to buy, what pressure to keep them at etc. etc.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Get rid of that Chinese rubbish. Buy something decent. I recently bought Continentals, which weren't that more expensive than the cheese equivalent.

nickb1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Falken 452s are another option not too expensive
Or u can go for the expensive bridgestones that come standard

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
as they say, you won't live long with a Ling Long!
Get rid of them and get something else.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Why do people skimp on tyres and buy "Luv you Ling Long time" brands? It's your life, or someone elses at risk. If these POS tyres spin that easily, imagine when a kid runs out in front of you and you have to pull 1.5 tonne of metal up quickly.

Go the Bridgestones if you want a great tyre. Go the FK452s and save being bent over and cut you a new one. Great tyre, great price

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Why do people skimp on tyres and buy "Luv you Ling Long time" brands? It's your life, or someone elses at risk. If these POS tyres spin that easily, imagine when a kid runs out in front of you and you have to pull 1.5 tonne of metal up quickly.

Go the Bridgestones if you want a great tyre. Go the FK452s and save being bent over and cut you a new one. Great tyre, great price

I'm assuming you didn't read the part where he said he recently purchased the car? I think it was the first 10 words of this thread, easy to miss.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I think he may have been referring to the previous owner of the car, not the OP.

Edit: I just looked again and you bought a demo which had already had the tyres replaced? I wonder why they did that.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I can recommend Michelin Pilot Sport 3's. I got them fitted on Monday and it's like driving on a cloud.

brad2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE S2
Thanks for all the replies guys, I will check out the Bridgestones and Falkens and see where I can get them cheapest.

Also, on the car it says 39 PSI for front wheels 44 PSI for back. Does this sound correct?