Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre Help

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
The other thing you could do is buy a set of wheels and tyres that someone has taken off to put 20's or 22's then sell the rims separately.

It could offset the cost and you could end up with a good set of tyres.

The dealer is having a lend of you, if it is a demo it would have had factory tyres and getting it a grand cheaper isn't a bargain, it's missing nearly 2 grand of rubber.

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Not saying I'll use Chinese ones again um just saying there not all bad.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

How long did it take to melt them and put a decent set on?

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
How long did it take to melt them and put a decent set on?

My old ss had them on when I bought it didn't go through tyres whilst owning I'm they were fine no issues what so ever. My new wheels on my VE are federal tyres not sure if there Chinese they rims came with them as a package. Moral of the story is I've never had cheap tyres and gone holy **** these are bad I must remove them.. so in other words I'm not saying I'd buy Chinese tyres just saying from my personal experience I haven't had bad luck from them. But anything must be better than my Yokohama that were on the car from brand new.. 18,000km and they were worn out NO SKIDS AT ALL. Although they gripped well I wouldn't buy them again simply because they wore too quick from my experience.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

brad2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE S2
The other thing you could do is buy a set of wheels and tyres that someone has taken off to put 20's or 22's then sell the rims separately.

It could offset the cost and you could end up with a good set of tyres.

The dealer is having a lend of you, if it is a demo it would have had factory tyres and getting it a grand cheaper isn't a bargain, it's missing nearly 2 grand of rubber.

2 grand? I got quoted $1,000 for fit and wheel alignment for Falken FK452's

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
2 grand? I got quoted $1,000 for fit and wheel alignment for Falken FK452's

I'm talking about factory rubber, Ive never seen Falken's come from the Factory. While Falkens are good their not the same as the Bridgestones.

Even on special at holmart the factory bridgestones are $355 a tyre , then add delivery to the west, plus fitting.

Last edited:

brad2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE S2
I'm talking about factory rubber, Ive never seen Falken's come from the Factory. While Falkens are good their not the same as the Bridgestones.

Even on special at holmart the factory bridgestones are $355 a tyre , then add delivery to the west, plus fitting.

What is the model bridgestone which comes standard?

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
It's a Potenza RE050A.

But if the dealer isnt going to change them, save yourself coin and get the Falkens.

It's just a shame the original tyres were removed.

Last edited: