Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres is too close to front bumper, How to quick fix for short time?

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Just got caprice rims fitted recently. I suspect the tyres is really close to bumper on passenger side front. Driver side is prefect fine, Just the passeneger side. I have no idea how to quick fix until I get someone come in two week to sort it out, So I will not to risk my life driving on this for now, I just need a quick fix or something for short time? Any idea? I could take bumper off and check? How to take bumper off?

So I noticed the arm bracket under bumper is broken too, So what should I do?

Also I noticed bumper fit up correct on Driver side headlight and incorrect fit on passenger side headlight?
Pic:
1396452_10152093393681834_1290603026_n.jpg

lukel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Hi mate, looks to me like something suspension wise is bent,
Caster bushes are completely busted or the cars been in a bingle.
Not really any 'quick fix' judging by the photo

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Way too close to the guard. Looks like some one skipped up a gutter. Take it pedders and get a safety check (they will go over the top but it will give you an idea on where to start)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I wouldnt worry about the aesthetics of the front bar for now. I would take it and get the suspension and front end looked at by a professional.

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Caster bushes is replaced recently, the suspension checked and nothing is bent? the tyres is 16" and my old rims is 15", So the 15" rims is fine running, just when Caprice 16" put on, and it happen to very close to bumper. Should I just chuck different rims on this for now?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Get us a side picture if you can.

Roota355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR UTE 5.0
Definately looks like something has been bent or failed in the caster rod area to cause that. It is not going to make any difference on the wheels fitted weather they are 15 or 16 inch the problem will still be there. get it checked by someone wo knows what they are looking at