Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

U0121 - Fault ( Need Help )

Damez007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore / VE Series 2
Hello,
I’ve got a Holden Commodore SS VE Series II Ute 2010

So I’ve had this fault for a while now.
Upon research and other threads, wheel speed sensors and ABS rear loom can spit this fault.
I bought original new parts for both wheel speed sensors and a new loom and had no luck clearing the fault.
I’ve taken the car to an AutoElec and they said the issue was the ABS module as they couldn’t get past it with the OBD3 so I bought and replaced the computer side of the ABS module and they still couldn’t clear the fault
Now I’m stuck.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4098.jpeg
    IMG_4098.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 138

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Where are you located ?
As some members may be able to assist, or chime in and may be able to direct you in the right direction/location,

Has the car had a drink ?
As water could be the main contender for the fault.

I have the faults as -
U0121 - Lost Comms With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Ctrl Mod
U0140 - Lost Comms With Body Ctrl Mod
U0156 - Lost Comms With Body Ctrl Mod

I am tipping its the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Ctrl Mod
Check all the Plugs/Connectors as there could be a pin damaged/corroded by washing the motor, and/or under the car,
The ABS loom normally runs down the drivers side, and the wiring could be damaged/crushed under the plastic covers under the vehicle that they installed on the Series 2 (for sound deadening and efficiency)

Last edited:

Damez007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore / VE Series 2
Where are you located ?
As some members may be able to assist, or chime in and may be able to direct you in the right direction/location,

Has the car had a drink ?
As water could be the main contender for the fault.

I have the faults as -
U0121 - Lost Comms With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Ctrl Mod
U0140 - Lost Comms With Body Ctrl Mod
U0156 - Lost Comms With Body Ctrl Mod

I am tipping its the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Ctrl Mod
Check all the Plugs/Connectors as there could be a pin damaged/corroded by washing the motor, and/or under the car,
The ABS loom normally runs down the drivers side, and the wiring could be damaged/crushed under the plastic covers under the vehicle that they installed on the Series 2 (for sound deadening and efficiency)

Have you had the Brake system opened ?
try bleeding the Brake System ?
Hi mate,
I’ve had the break system flushed and blead by the mechanics on my last service.

It hasn’t gone for a ‘drink’ haha but yeah it’s definitely a wiring issue

I’m located in Townsville

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
This is a communication fault being detected by the ABS module. There's no fault with any brake sensors or the brake fluid/ hoses.

It could be caused by a bad power or ground to the module, or a bad communication wire between it and other modules (or even within itself).

It may also be a bad power/ ground in another module on the same network and the ABS module is detecting it.

There a low possibility of it being one of the modules, but rule everything else out before condemning these.

Find yourself a diagnostic flowchart for your car and follow the test procedure, or supply it to your mechanic of you don't have the tools.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.