Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve SSV abs traction control fault

FB special

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV
Done some reading on hear but still can't find answer to and traction fault be SSV manual 192xxxk,fault codes are c1223,c1224,c1227,c1228,I have load tested battery all good replaced both wheel sensors and rear cable,continuity checked from both sensor plugs to abs module all good tried measuring AC voltage off sensors but couldn't seem to get anything ,does the reluctor in wheel bearing fail after a while my next step is to replace both rear wheel bearings,or could it b abs module or something else

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The fault codes (DTCs) reported in your post #1 apply to both the left and right wheels. I strongly doubt that wheel bearings are the cause of your issues. You need to be looking at a cause that is common to both rear ends of your car, for example, the Electronic Brake Control Module. Have you had any recent damage to the rear of your car?

One thing I found that was interesting in the VE workshop manual was the reference shown below. My understanding was that the VE is CANBUS not GMLAN like the VF.

"The wheel speed sensor receives a 12-volt power supply voltage from the electronic brake control module (EBCM) and provides an output signal to the EBCM. As the wheel spins, the wheel speed sensor sends the EBCM a DC square wave signal. The EBCM uses the frequency of the square wave signal to calculate the wheel speed. If the EBCM identifies an error, it sets a code and communicates via GMLAN to the engine control module (ECM)."

Last edited:

FB special

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV
The fault codes (DTCs) reported in your post #1 apply to both the left and right wheels. I strongly doubt that wheel bearings are the cause of your issues. You need to be looking at a cause that is common to both rear ends of your car, for example, the Electronic Brake Control Module. Have you had any recent damage to the rear of your car?

One thing I found that was interesting in the VE workshop manual was the reference shown below. My understanding was that the VE is CANBUS not GMLAN like the VF.

"The wheel speed sensor receives a 12-volt power supply voltage from the electronic brake control module (EBCM) and provides an output signal to the EBCM. As the wheel spins, the wheel speed sensor sends the EBCM a DC square wave signal. The EBCM uses the frequency of the square wave signal to calculate the wheel speed. If the EBCM identifies an error, it sets a code and communicates via GMLAN to the engine control module (ECM)."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230718-194651.png
    Screenshot_20230718-194651.png
    396.6 KB · Views: 125

FB special

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV

FB special

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV
Ok thanks for that the rear wheel bearings have a fair bit of play,car apparently had BCM replaced at gentech in Canberra and they couldn't find fault so I should b looking for 12 volt signal to sensor plugs?

FB special

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV
Ok thanks for that the rear wheel bearings have a fair bit of play,car apparently had BCM replaced at gentech in Canberra and they couldn't find fault so I should b looking for 12 volt signal to sensor plugs?
No rear end damage

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Sorry, can't help you any more as I've not personally had this problem and the descriptions of the DTCs in the workshop manual are very terse and suggest that replacement of the ECM (Engine Control Module) may be necessary.

I suggest you download the VE workshop manual using the link below (1.9gb so only download to PC, no phone or notepad) and look at the DTCs around page 3857, and the ABS description around page 2090.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Fgnxs7df80ZjBsamhhSm1DaEE/view?usp=docslist_api

FB special

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV
Sorry, can't help you any more as I've not personally had this problem and the descriptions of the DTCs in the workshop manual are very terse and suggest that replacement of the ECM (Engine Control Module) may be necessary.

I suggest you download the VE workshop manual using the link below (1.9gb so only download to PC, no phone or notepad) and look at the DTCs around page 3857, and the ABS description around page 2090.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Fgnxs7df80ZjBsamhhSm1DaEE/view?usp=docslist_api

FB special

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV
Ok thanks you've been great help I got wheel bearings replaced today one of magnetic strips had no magnetism left nearly got it back together previous owner lived out of town driven on corrugated dirt roads the old magnetic strips were covered in crap my mate owns a Repco repair shop he said to bring it in and put tech scanner on it just another thought if I run front sensor cables to rear and rear to front if it's and module it should throw up front wheel fault and back should b fine what do U think

FB special

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV
Ok thanks you've been great help I got wheel bearings replaced today one of magnetic strips had no magnetism left nearly got it back together previous owner lived out of town driven on corrugated dirt roads the old magnetic strips were covered in crap my mate owns a Repco repair shop he said to bring it in and put tech scanner on it just another thought if I run front sensor cables to rear and rear to front if it's and module it should throw up front wheel fault and back should b fine what do U think
Fixed fault codes new back wheel bearings wasn't much wrong with bearing more left side magnetic strip that cleared rear faults then it threw another one put tech scanner on it it came up with front left wss,replaced hub assembly cleared fault code and no more faults