Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Under dash panel removal method...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Was the removal of the pedal to properly access the wiring plug on it?
Its in a bitch of a spot. Just went through this with mine. You can’t get the plug out or new controller plug back in without removing the pedal. If they would have put it a couple of mil to the left it wouldn’t have been a problem.

Ralphski

Ralphski
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VYII 3.8 Executive - MY11 VEII 3.6 Calais VV6
Was the removal of the pedal to properly access the wiring plug on it?
Yes, because the bonnet release cable is only a few mm's above the plug, trying to push it off to one side to get the accelerator plug out/in runs the risk of creating a permanent kink in the cable outer (and there are some rather sharp steel edges around just waiting to go 'gotcha').

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes, because the bonnet release cable is only a few mm's above the plug, trying to push it off to one side to get the accelerator plug out/in runs the risk of creating a permanent kink in the cable outer (and there are some rather sharp steel edges around just waiting to go 'gotcha').
I have removed these a couple of times but that was done with a lot of the peripherals already gone (like dash and said cable)
The one in my VZ V6 and my Cross8 looks like a ct to get to with everything in and I can imagine the VE one a tricky job as well with everything still in there.

Ralphski

Ralphski
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VYII 3.8 Executive - MY11 VEII 3.6 Calais VV6
I have removed these a couple of times but that was done with a lot of the peripherals already gone (like dash and said cable)
The one in my VZ V6 and my Cross8 looks like a ct to get to with everything in and I can imagine the VE one a tricky job as well with everything still in there.
It was very snug in there...
Even taking the electronic pedal out was a bitch because the top left 10mm has no visibility, it's a groper bolt (10mm, 1/4 drive, 75mm extension)
Had to undo the ODBII socket, light switch, footwell light too.
But I can say for a fact... It was well worth it

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
fyi that piece is called a hush panel and was to be my next guess

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
fyi that piece is called a hush panel and was to be my next guess
I didn’t put mine back on because I don’t like my car to be quiet!

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE for those that said "it cant be done/ its part of the dash/ one piece"- Two screws either end front and the 2 holding the Obd2 port...Then pull downward...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE for those that said "it cant be done/ its part of the dash/ one piece"- Two screws either end front and the 2 holding the Obd2 port...Then pull downward...
What? No one has said that in the thread. The methods and instructions to it and the surrounding panels are posted.

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Not once did I see that- Just conflicting comments and links to unrelated topics mate. Did this job only this morning and not a single person knew about removing the bottom panel that the op was asking about. So thought it'd be GOOD for future reference, seeing as I ended up having to work it out for myself.
A thanks would be preferred.
I'm out....