Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ungrateful People

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well as some of you are aware, i forfeited any annual leave over Xmas/New Year due to work load. I have no issue with this, i know the Boss appreciates it etc etc.

What has annoyed me is over this break i have been doing non standard work for a company while all 6 people from the same division(in one company we are contracted to, i was unaware all were on leave as it's a national division) take leave. This has involved quite a few trips to Melbourne, a load of data entry etc. What annoys me is while talking to one of the people on leave, i find out that the whole division is on annual leave. When i asked why, they simply responded because when else can we take leave(i thought there was 1 2months in the year). So i go on to say how i have been managing to do all their work to stop them being under pressure when they return and forfeited my annual leave to do this one persons job and had i known all were taking leave i would of taken time off to spend with my fiance before she starts her new job as we wont be able to take any leave for the next 12 months. The response to that was "Oh well, you should of thought of that before you agreed to help me out".

Just gets on my nerve that i offered to help one person, not 6, and that given the circumstances the person can't even be grateful for what is being done. I plan on advising said company that this national Role could easily be covered by 2 staff in 2 different states. See how they like that.

Anyone else had any ungrateful sods over the break?

PS: Sorry to whine, just ****es me off :p

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
The only day's Craig had off was Christmas & boxing day. The other fellas at his work have only got back and are as lazy as they ever were. Craig is working heaps of over time and no-one else is. What annoys me is in the 4 years he has been there he has not had 1 chrissy off, the other blokes quickly jump in first to get there holidays when they know Craig has kids, you'd think they would work it out so he has some time with his family at least.

So while there all sitting back on there asses at home Craig is working late and wont make it home before the boys go to bed. Nice.

Some people can be so bloody selfish.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
At my work I do graphics design for a company but this lazy guy who is supposed to do accounting never finishes his job so I have to do accounting at the end of the day. If his finises his work and stop talking to other workers, I could go home earlier!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
The manufactoring company i used to work for has been losing work in a certain department (not where i worked, fabrication) the 2 months leading up to christmas our department Fabrication was busy and we struggled to finish on time.

The bosses refused to allow us to do overtime and we kept saying were not going to finish, this situation was made worse by them still accepting work while we were overhwelmed already. One month to go, they fire 2 casual Fabricators which makes the load massive. We started comming in ealrier, finishing later etc etc, and they started to pay us overtime very reluctantly, while we loved the pay we were working 12 hour days 7 days a week trying to get this new Geelong Train project out, which is pyshically and mentally draining.

We finished two days late and the bosses came down on us like a stack of bricks. We worked extremely hard, its hell in the fabrication rooms on the 35 degree days we were having and we worked as much as we possibly could, and they still had no thanks. To top it off, i was fired the next day along with 2 other guys from Fabrication.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
The manufactoring company i used to work for has been losing work in a certain department (not where i worked, fabrication) the 2 months leading up to christmas our department Fabrication was busy and we struggled to finish on time.

The bosses refused to allow us to do overtime and we kept saying were not going to finish, this situation was made worse by them still accepting work while we were overhwelmed already. One month to go, they fire 2 casual Fabricators which makes the load massive. We started comming in ealrier, finishing later etc etc, and they started to pay us overtime very reluctantly, while we loved the pay we were working 12 hour days 7 days a week trying to get this new Geelong Train project out, which is pyshically and mentally draining.

We finished two days late and the bosses came down on us like a stack of bricks. We worked extremely hard, its hell in the fabrication rooms on the 35 degree days we were having and we worked as much as we possibly could, and they still had no thanks. To top it off, i was fired the next day along with 2 other guys from Fabrication.
Prolly a good thing that you got fired, who would wunna work for people who are reluctant to pay you for your hard work. **** em.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Try working with your father-in-law...NUF SAID....:bang::shooting::realangry:hit:

My wife is my boss.....

I worked christmas eve,day boxing day new years eve and day, ive only taken off 2 weeks in 3 years (honeymoon) I gave our staff 3 days off over xmas and did a double shift for all the above....Im also onsite 24hrs so I finish work and then go to work again..... then I have one of my mates who got 2 weeks off over xmas/new years (not taken from his annual leave but still paid) and gets saturday sunday off every week he comes to me and wingers how tired he is cause of and how hard his job is :bang:

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
My wife is my boss.....

I worked christmas eve,day boxing day new years eve and day, ive only taken off 2 weeks in 3 years (honeymoon) I gave our staff 3 days off over xmas and did a double shift for all the above....Im also onsite 24hrs so I finish work and then go to work again..... then I have one of my mates who got 2 weeks off over xmas/new years (not taken from his annual leave but still paid) and gets saturday sunday off every week he comes to me and wingers how tired he is cause of and how hard his job is :bang:

lol

That's pretty harsh, I worked across christmas break except, christmas day, boxing day and new years. I don't mind as my boss worked it last year (2006) for me, and I had leave.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Prolly a good thing that you got fired, who would wunna work for people who are reluctant to pay you for your hard work. **** em.

Well in that respects yes, there are better places out there. Just hard for me to find work... Want my dam Clubsport!!