Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unidentified Police Vehicle...

Faz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Hey guys, so with credit to the original photographer here is the car I was talking about that I saw in Melbourne, for your info also PPV stands for Police Patrol Vehicle and 9C1 is Chevy's Special Equipment Options code for police package vehicles. but by the fact this is only a series 1 VE omega and also the 007 number plates are a clear indicator that this is not a real american police prototype vehicle along with the fact it is not a left hand drive but none the less it certainly looks awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151516485337096&set=gm.492800804139615&type=1&theater

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Hey guys, so with credit to the original photographer here is the car I was talking about that I saw in Melbourne, for your info also PPV stands for Police Patrol Vehicle and 9C1 is Chevy's Special Equipment Options code for police package vehicles. but by the fact this is only a series 1 VE omega and also the 007 number plates are a clear indicator that this is not a real american police prototype vehicle along with the fact it is not a left hand drive but none the less it certainly looks awesome.

So someone puts a Chev badge on a car, and you think it's the LAPD? Lol

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
You think its an American police car, IN AUSTRALIA?????

Faz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
I never presumed it was an actual american car, the page I got it from considered it possible, I just passed it on, I can't see why it wouldn't be possible, a crown victoria police car was recently for sale in NSW and american fire truck manufaturer "Pierce" has just announced an agent in Australia, if you guys have nothing better to do than pick on ridiculous **** then that is up to you however I was just bringing a photo to this forum to prove I wasn't seeing things.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
There is an Dodge Monaco in my town that is my town in NYPD livery , it's used by the local Pizza parlour as a publicity vehicle , that car that you saw could be used for the same reason ,as a mobile bill board

Faz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Quite possibly, same story also for the Rollow Airbag Suspension car pictured above

veomegaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Omega Sedan
Yes it does look awesome...................and thanks by the way...................its mine