Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniqe home for a V6

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
man, i am still amazed you can get those sorts of bends. i must have been doing someting really wrong with mine. lookin' mint ;)

Mate... you didn't see the tediousness of it, or hear all the swearing !!! I found that if you start at the centre of the bend, then work your way out an inch or so either side as you go, and working your way outwards, all the small bends make a bigger one without exsessive squishing. Total pain in the arse, takes a lot of DB or Tui to get it done !!!

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Couple of piccies again, this time to celebrate getting the back wheels for it, they are square!! well, not really, but they are 15" diameter, and 15" wide, so that is sort of square LOL

Bigs 'n' littles, yeeehah!!

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
i just dropped my genitals, that looks SICK, and to think a buick is going in it and a turbos goig to be sppoling not a big methano v8, gunna suprise a few people when you start it

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha , you might wanna fix your dangly bits, or your girlfriend will be pissed off at me !!

It is funny how things turn out, I wanted a fire breathing V8 in my race car, but after working out what it would cost, and realising I don't have the budget, I had a change of plans. Playing with these little Buicks has been fun so far, my turbo V6 VL has shown some potential, so I am really looking forwartds to see what I can get out of one, and if I can afford to get a good crank and rods later on, I will up the boost significantly and go after the V8 boys!! .

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
What I would do if money was no object ....

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8K15ANt28Gk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8K15ANt28Gk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

vr rb 30

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
hi mate i about to put a rb 30 turbo in my vr how big job you recon it would be

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds like a big task, as the RB mounts won't suit the crossmember in the VR. Maybe you could use the crossmember from a VL, or just make some custom mounts? Gearbox mount should be okay. Bolting it in and doing all the plumbing is easy, it is the wiring side of things that will do your head in if anything like ABS is present, and the factory security relies on the ECU too, but you will need a VL ECU or aftermarket one for the engine.....out of my league i'm afraid, but i'm sure there are people on here that will know

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
The roll cage is nearly finished, and fits me as per the regs, so next on the list was the harness mounts, which was tonights job.

Won't be long now and I can tear it all to bits, finish welding a few bits, and then I can paint it and start putting it together permanently.

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
God I hope this never happens to my altered, this one got butt fu#ked by a Mustang in Brisbane today !!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us