Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unlocking a deadlocked commodore...

VYSS_Black

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I have had a BCM issue with my VY SS for as long as I can remember which affects my passenger doors central locking system. Because of this I never deadlock the car.. Well I accidentally pressed the lock button twice the other day and you guessed it - my passenger doors are all deadlocked.

Only my drivers door operates, I've tried everything from removing the battery, and fuses but the doors still stay shut. This happened a while ago and i took it to holden and they changed my actuator and it unlocked the doors but the problem reoccurred shortly after.

Any way my question is, does anyone know how to open the deadlocked passenger doors? Is there some sort of procedure that will override this? What will happen if I remove the door trim and remove the actuator? Will this help?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Call a locksmith mate, I don't doubt there is a way to do it but I'm not aware of it and its not something that should be widely known on the internet.

SSV-050

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed
in the service menu you can change it so it doesnt double lock, not sure if that will help??

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
in the service menu you can change it so it doesnt double lock, not sure if that will help??
I thought the double lock in the service menu was the option to have all doors open on first press, or just the drivers door - and nothing to do with the deadlock ?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Any way my question is, does anyone know how to open the deadlocked passenger doors? Is there some sort of procedure that will override this? What will happen if I remove the door trim and remove the actuator? Will this help?

i daresay that the drivers door lock position sensor is faulty, and .. you guessed it... replacing the actuator will mean itll unlock the other doors.

SSV-050

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed
I thought the double lock in the service menu was the option to have all doors open on first press, or just the drivers door - and nothing to do with the deadlock ?

yeah your right, have you tried turning it off?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Less wear/tear on the key buttons.
If the vehicle is set to 2 stage unlock , you don't have to press the buttons twice to open all doors, you just have to hold the button in for a second or two and all doors will open..

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
i daresay that the drivers door lock position sensor is faulty, and .. you guessed it... replacing the actuator will mean itll unlock the other doors.

I'm about 95% sure Ari is right. The door switch may also simply be out of alignment. You should be able to double pulse the unlock wire (to ground) on the switch and I think that will pop your locks.

kjreglqwkerf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Sedan
VY V6

If accidentally deadlocked, I have this issue. I set an alarm for 4am, the cold will sometimes allow the deadlocks to release with the remote.
Otherwise, only the drivers door will unlock with the key or remote when deadlocked, climb through the driver door for the rest.

I AM DESPERATE for a good wiring diagram and factory and/or theory of operation documentation on the deadlocks!
(or that includes the deadlocks)