Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deadlocked out of ss ute

GussyM

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY SS ute
I wanna start this by acknowledging how much of a dumb **** I am for doing this

So, just bought a VY SS ute of marketplace and brought it home over the weekend, it came with a battery isolator (previous owner used to store it for ages) so I unplugged the isolator, locked the doors and closed the bonnet. Issue is, I’m deadlocked out, key won’t work, and because the isolators not in, I’m assuming jump leads won’t work either,

Another important thing is the lock on the driver door is up on the inside, but I have no idea if it’s halfway up or all the way up, door won’t open anyway, keys only moving ≈30 degrees to the right

Anyone got any ideas? Haven’t called any locksmiths or anything, just wanted to see if there’s any way this can be fixed without breaking anything. Cheers,

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Key will work. Turn it in the door lock. It will feel like it’s going to break. Then it gives and opens. Assuming the key matches the door and hasn’t been changed over the years. Get some silicone spray in the lock. Never use WD40 in locks. Easy lock by Selleys. Or graphite powder from a puffer.

I think it was @Lex pisted you put the key in and try turn. Leave for 5mins and try again? Something like that.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The ignition wears the key at the same rate whereas the door locks hardly get used and are still new.

You may have to jiggle the key up and down in the lock to set the pins as you turn. Be gentle but a little forceful.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If you can get to the bonnet under side with a long flat blade screw driver, you can pop the release spring off the bonnet lock thing.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you can get to the bonnet under side with a long flat blade screw driver, you can pop the release spring off the bonnet lock thing.
Remove the underside panels etc.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Google instructions but as stated above should still be able to open with key in door turned all way our...will feel like key is going to break.

Can you plug isolator back in or put power to starter from underneath?

Fairly sure car needs power hooked up to be able to deadlock so not sure how you turned off power source then deadlocked it...