Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

upgrading battery terminals

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Yeah....just realised.
I corrected my original post.

Well, we've given him options and reasons. He can take it or leave it.

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
face palm was for 1st reply i got, not for your response Big-Al......Thanks mate yes i saw some gold plated ones in Repco but was a bit worried about the base metal it was plating. I ended up getting some solid brass ones and made two extra earth points, one from rear of block to chassis and from gear box mount to chassis and it has actually drives alot smoothly and has cleared up that annoying little miss at idle.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
face palm was for 1st reply i got, not for your response Big-Al......Thanks mate yes i saw some gold plated ones in Repco but was a bit worried about the base metal it was plating. I ended up getting some solid brass ones and made two extra earth points, one from rear of block to chassis and from gear box mount to chassis and it has actually drives alot smoothly and has cleared up that annoying little miss at idle.

So basically to answer the original question, installing solid brass battery terminals and cleaning up the earth points or even adding more will make a positive difference... Pun intended.

Thanks, something cheap and easy I can do to improve reliability in my own car.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
So basically to answer the original question, installing solid brass battery terminals and cleaning up the earth points or even adding more will make a positive difference... Pun intended.

Thanks, something cheap and easy I can do to improve reliability in my own car.
Yep, adding more earth points won't make a "negative" difference (pun intended).
It certainly can make a difference to the car in all aspects.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
face palm was for 1st reply i got, not for your response Big-Al......
Just for future reference. If you are replying to a certain post, click on the "Reply With Quote" tab, so
everyone knows whose post you are referring to. :)