Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrading Redline/SS/Calais seats to HSV - With Pics

ihavesoldout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hi Guys - A few people have asked me for photos and details.

Basically I was sick and tired of cleaning the cream suede strip on my Calais V seats,I also hated the bolstering, I would slide around in my seat all the time.
Because I had heated seats and seat memory, it wasn't as simple as grabbing some rare HSV VF seats off ebay - and heated GTS/Senator seats are hardly ever on the bay.

So I bought these:
$_57.JPG

Holden VF GTS Maloo Seat Foams Brand NEW SSV SS SV6 Clubsport R8 Turbo V8 HSV | eBay

Seller is Incharge Automotive in Melton - They often put up more seat foams on ebay but best to call them
Home - Incharge automotive Enhancements

I got Incharge to make up the leather covers for me - I just replicated the OEM HSV seats with the suede inserts but you can ask them for whatever you want.

Once completed I took it to my local trimmer, they ripped the old Calais V foams and covers off, reattached the new foams and transferred the heated seat pads onto the old seat frame and retained the airbags.

12184066_10153168744181444_8810827644291349203_o.jpg

Ignore the wrinkles they came out once the sun had tightened up the leather.

All in all - Great purchase, the seat foams and covers cost me about $1400 and fitting was $200 at my local trimmer.
Highly recommended for those with the cream suede strip or any type of holden seat as the bolstering is terrible.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Cool, thanks for the info, seats look great.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Very cool, and nice price, something I've been contemplating, so I'm glad someone else has done the hard work haha

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Solid job with the seat coverings, usually they're hit and miss.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
What are the heated seats like?