Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais V upholstery - Series I vs Series II

QwertyHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi. My Rotty’s big arse has torn the leather and foam on the bottom rear seat pan (I use a hammock to put her in the back). I have VF Calais V Series I in titanium leather.

Looking at replacing bottom seat.

Is there any difference from Series I to Series II?

It is hard to find at wreckers so was looking at replacement leather skin (can’t seem to find one with cup holder as well). Can get SII but can’t if it is different.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Hi. My Rotty’s big arse has torn the leather and foam on the bottom rear seat pan (I use a hammock to put her in the back). I have VF Calais V Series I in titanium leather.

Looking at replacing bottom seat.

Is there any difference from Series I to Series II?

It is hard to find at wreckers so was looking at replacement leather skin (can’t seem to find one with cup holder as well). Can get SII but can’t if it is different.

Difference is as you mentioned, it's the cup holder, which was deleted from Series 2, though I have seen early build Series 2 models with it. Same with the foam, its the same just one has the cup holder cutout and clips

Dimensionally, Series 1/2 are identical and should fit the same. In fact, you probably could buy a series 2, then mark and cut the cup holder section into it. It's nothing fancy, just a little rectangle cut from the trim from memory.

The trim itself is pretty easy to replace once the seat cushion is removed. When you say titanium, do you mean the full titanium with black strip, or black leather with white strip? I have seen both on eBay, just need to make sure that you get the correct for your car (sedan/wagon seat bases are different)

I have seen an eBay listing that mentions their was apparently a difference in the full titanium trim between Caprice and Calais (something to do with the leather pattern) but not 100% sure

QwertyHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Difference is as you mentioned, it's the cup holder, which was deleted from Series 2, though I have seen early build Series 2 models with it. Same with the foam, its the same just one has the cup holder cutout and clips

Dimensionally, Series 1/2 are identical and should fit the same. In fact, you probably could buy a series 2, then mark and cut the cup holder section into it. It's nothing fancy, just a little rectangle cut from the trim from memory.

The trim itself is pretty easy to replace once the seat cushion is removed. When you say titanium, do you mean the full titanium with black strip, or black leather with white strip? I have seen both on eBay, just need to make sure that you get the correct for your car (sedan/wagon seat bases are different)

I have seen an eBay listing that mentions their was apparently a difference in the full titanium trim between Caprice and Calais (something to do with the leather pattern) but not 100% sure
Hi NJD-1992
Thanks for the prompt reply. Very helpful thanks.

Yes I am referring to the light grey leather with the black stripe. I also read on one of the sellers that the pattern of the leather was different but looking at picks of what is supposedly SII looks exactly the same as my SI except no cup holders. I’ll pull off the seat and cover and may just make an opening for the cup holders (have done some upholstery projects in the past).

I’ll probably have to replace the foam too as the big oaf has torn the leather and the foam. Do you know if the shape of the foam is same from commodore to Calais V?

Attachments

• IMG_2699.jpeg
    IMG_2699.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 76

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Hi NJD-1992
Thanks for the prompt reply. Very helpful thanks.

Yes I am referring to the light grey leather with the black stripe. I also read on one of the sellers that the pattern of the leather was different but looking at picks of what is supposedly SII looks exactly the same as my SI except no cup holders. I’ll pull off the seat and cover and may just make an opening for the cup holders (have done some upholstery projects in the past).

I’ll probably have to replace the foam too as the big oaf has torn the leather and the foam. Do you know if the shape of the foam is same from commodore to Calais V?

For standard commodore/calais sedan, pretty much 99.9% sure foams are the same (With the .1% being that im just a random bloke on the internet :) ) There was a slightly different base in Caprice V and select HSV models which looked to have adjustable rear seat bolsters, so im assuming there is a different foam for those but they weren't in Calais

Foam wise, id just check Facebook market place, rear seats sell for basically nothing on their own, should be able to get a donor and just pull the trim off (Its only held on with clips and velcro)

I have a brand new seat base from a wagon (Scored a brand new full interior trim set for a Storm wagon as a spare from marketplace at price that was too good to pass up), ill post a pic later of the cup holder cut out. Wagon/Sedan seat trims are different, but annoyingly its only the rear of the trim that you don't see which is different, the entire front half is identical.

QwertyHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
For standard commodore/calais sedan, pretty much 99.9% sure foams are the same (With the .1% being that im just a random bloke on the internet :) ) There was a slightly different base in Caprice V and select HSV models which looked to have adjustable rear seat bolsters, so im assuming there is a different foam for those but they weren't in Calais

Foam wise, id just check Facebook market place, rear seats sell for basically nothing on their own, should be able to get a donor and just pull the trim off (Its only held on with clips and velcro)

I have a brand new seat base from a wagon (Scored a brand new full interior trim set for a Storm wagon as a spare from marketplace at price that was too good to pass up), ill post a pic later of the cup holder cut out. Wagon/Sedan seat trims are different, but annoyingly it’s only the rear of the trim that you don't see which is different, the entire front half is identical.
thanks NJD-1992

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
heading edited .. correction