Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urethane bushes

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The question was related to @J-D 2.0's response about how they work.

If you knew anything about suspensions, my question would have twigged something inside that feeble head of yours and actually realised @J-D's response was true

But of course, it has been shown again, you don't know as much as you claim to do, or the grog is effecting your ability to function properly.

One thing I will agree with this post...You have thick skin...Problem is, the thickness extends between the ears...Not real helpful for anyone

Best you wake up to yourself

All projection, if your feable brain could actually read back a couple of pages maybe you be able to surmise the answer on your own.
But alas, you don't want me to be right. :)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
No, pick up a spinning top and spin it now tilt it over. This is the forces the strut top sees.
The strut top is a buffer between the spring and the body. That's the force it mostly sees, compression, not centrifuge. Urethane transmits more NVH into the body because it is less absorbent - that was the whole point of my post. How did we get here as usual?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
All projection, if your feable brain could actually read back a couple of pages maybe you be able to surmise the answer on your own.
But alas, you don't want me to be right. :)

By me asking that simple question to you, your answer would have shown what @J_D 2.0 had written was correct and your statement was wrong.

But I wouldn't expect a youtube expert to know those things.

So I'll leave it right there

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The strut top is a buffer between the spring and the body. That's the force it mostly sees, compression, not centrifuge. Urethane transmits more NVH into the body because it is less absorbent - that was the whole point of my post. How did we get here as usual?

No it also acts as the upper ball joint compared to a double wishbone setup.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
No it also acts as the upper ball joint compared to a double wishbone setup.
Sure, it has a small amount of movement allowed by control, thrust, caster arms, sway bars and links. Hardly a ball joint. It doesn't change that the most force it sees by far, like 99%, is from a quarter of the total weight of a vehicle bouncing up and down on it

Honest question; do you ever feel more embarrassment than incredulity?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Sure, it has a small amount of movement allowed by control, thrust, caster arms, sway bars and links. Hardly a ball joint. It doesn't change that the most force it sees by far, like 99%, is from a quarter of the total weight of a vehicle bouncing up and down on it

Honest question; do you ever feel more embarrassment than incredulity?

So what replaces that bush on most coil overs? Oh that's right a rose joint.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
By me asking that simple question to you, your answer would have shown what @J_D 2.0 had written was correct and your statement was wrong.

But I wouldn't expect a youtube expert to know those things.

So I'll leave it right there

Unfortunately some people in life contribute and some people just sledge from the sidelines to make themselves feel better. I don’t think Shane is in the contribution category.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Unfortunately some people in life contribute and some people just sledge from the sidelines to make themselves feel better. I don’t think Shane is in the contribution category.

Couldn't agree more.....

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So what replaces that bush on most coil overs? Oh that's right a rose joint.
Wow. You actually think they pivot in motion? Pillowballs literally smash your pointless tangent to pieces more than strut tops. I'm going to go with incredulity winning this round

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Wow. You actually think they pivot in motion? Pillowballs literally smash your pointless tangent to pieces more than strut tops. I'm going to go with incredulity winning this round

Oh so I guess they're linear, I'm sorry I don't know why they added the spherical part.