Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent Help Please - Compatibility Of Start Up Set

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
just reread this
you will need the security code to link the radio also

Reactions: Lex

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
If the set you got came out of a car that had ABS and you haven’t got a compatible ABS module connected the BCM would be polling the ABS unit looking for a response. The BCM is considered the Bus Master and part of its job is to poll every module on the bus. Every 300ms it sends a message and expects a return message called a State of Health message (not that it matters but it polls the ECM every 150ms)
If I’m even right I believe you either need to get a different set, or if it’s even possible get the software flashed on the BCM to not expect a SOH message from the ABS, or learn how to flip the required bits in the BIN file on the BCM or get one of those boxes that one of the PCMHacking guys sells to add the required SOH message to the heartbeat that gets sent on the bus every 300ms

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
What is the engine swap OP? I'd just try sending your original ECU to Injectronics to get repaired.
yeh mate ive only heard bad things from all the EFI and ECU repair and programming blokes here. Apparently the repair is good for 6 months and they stuff up again almost on queue

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
just reread this
you will need the security code to link the radio also
I actually used the original radio pin associated to the radio and it worked. The security function must be in the radio but the BCM stores the code ay

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
If the set you got came out of a car that had ABS and you haven’t got a compatible ABS module connected the BCM would be polling the ABS unit looking for a response. The BCM is considered the Bus Master and part of its job is to poll every module on the bus. Every 300ms it sends a message and expects a return message called a State of Health message (not that it matters but it polls the ECM every 150ms)
If I’m even right I believe you either need to get a different set, or if it’s even possible get the software flashed on the BCM to not expect a SOH message from the ABS, or learn how to flip the required bits in the BIN file on the BCM or get one of those boxes that one of the PCMHacking guys sells to add the required SOH message to the heartbeat that gets sent on the bus every 300ms
could be right mate. I spoken to a lot of wreckers, efi and ecu guys today and they all have said that the ABS is stored on ECM but I think what you're saying makes more sense. A guy from HOlden said all ECM's are same part number for about 4 different models of V6 auto commodore - I know I gave one of the ID numbers off the ECM to a wrecker (mine is non-abs) and he said he had same numbers on an ECM but it was an ABS vehicle. Based on what you're suggesting I could find a non-abs BCM and fob and then code them with a scanner to the vehicle?

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
What is the engine swap OP? I'd just try sending your original ECU to Injectronics to get repaired.
yes mate very recent swap with a correct 10HBA motor. The mechanics used the old ECM and the donor engine loom

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
could be right mate. I spoken to a lot of wreckers, efi and ecu guys today and they all have said that the ABS is stored on ECM but I think what you're saying makes more sense. A guy from HOlden said all ECM's are same part number for about 4 different models of V6 auto commodore - I know I gave one of the ID numbers off the ECM to a wrecker (mine is non-abs) and he said he had same numbers on an ECM but it was an ABS vehicle. Based on what you're suggesting I could find a non-abs BCM and fob and then code them with a scanner to the vehicle?
The ECM is not the problem it’s the software on the BCM. And yes the stereo code is stored on the BCM

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
The ECM is not the problem it’s the software on the BCM. And yes the stereo code is stored on the BCM
come to think of it. I scanned it on a fairly new snap-on tool yesterday and those ABS codes only came up in the ''engine'' scan section - not it the braking or BCM etc. DOes that still support your suggestion its the BCM storing abs? many thanks

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
come to think of it. I scanned it on a fairly new snap-on tool yesterday and those ABS codes only came up in the ''engine'' scan section - not it the braking or BCM etc. DOes that still support your suggestion its the BCM storing abs? many thanks
Oh wow ok. That clears it up a lot then I think. Then I reckon you’ve answered your question. The E38? ECM must have stuff stored on it about about the abs. I guess it would make sense. I’ve just never seen it on an LS1 tune. Sounds like the guys already suggested the fix to you then, unless you know someone who could edit your tune for you

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Oh wow ok. That clears it up a lot then I think. Then I reckon you’ve answered your question. The E38? ECM must have stuff stored on it about about the abs. I guess it would make sense. I’ve just never seen it on an LS1 tune. Sounds like the guys already suggested the fix to you then, unless you know someone who could edit your tune for you
not LS mate this is a bunky LEO alloytec of a lump of kakka. I have it booked it to a business here that does the bulk of this sort of work with the highest success rate however, they haven't performed this exact repair/re-configuration before regarding abs.