Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

URGENT! Mother's California Gold won't come off??!?!?!?

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
I have a VE SV6 09 Silver colour, I applied mother's california gold wax and now the F$%^ING CRAB wont come off?

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Hey mate.

If you done it in the heat then that COULD be your problem. If so you will need to apply it again IN COOL AREA and rub it nice and firmly.

I have no idea bout it, i could be wrong. You must as TinSnips! as he is the guru at cleaning.

Sorry mate, goodluck buddy.

edit: Or ask scottsv6

Last edited:

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
Just use a damp microfibre cloth, no reason why it shouldnt come off even if you did it in the sun, it just cured too quick.

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
PS. I've never used California Gold but being a silver car you shouldnt really see the wax haze over anyway.

Apply it with a foam applicator pad one panel at a time (thin even coats), you dont need to wait for it to fully haze, then just wipe it off with a microfibre towel.

Dont worry though you havent ruined the paint, its just set ontop. :)

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
Just use a damp microfibre cloth, no reason why it shouldnt come off even if you did it in the sun, it just cured too quick.

I was doing it under the carport and i made sure the paint surface was cold. i applied it with a damp microfibre cloth, had a bucket of water with me and it just turned into this white powdery stuff and now it wont come off. i tried rubbing the living hell out of it - not hard, but firm and real quick. tried mild warm water to heat it up a little and nothing? im freaking it out cos its getting no where

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
The damp cloth would have been what caused it, wax repels water and you were applying it with a damp cloth (adding moisture to the wax so it hasnt naturally cured and now the residue has hardened).

Do you have any other products there, polishes, wax and grease remover, prepsol?

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Why on earth would you apply a wax with a damp microfibre? Did you read the directions on the bottle?

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
Maybe because he's new to polishing/waxing. I wouldn't have a clue, unless instructions were clear about what to do (or not to do).

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
That's what the instructions on the bottle are for. Get some wax & grease remover such as Prepsol to remove wax and start again.

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
I had a friend bring over new wax, we applied that over the top and it got all that crap off. I read the instructions on the back of the container a few times. said to use a damp terry cloth/microfibre cloth and to let it dry till it formed a white powdered haze - which is exactly what I did and it just wouldnt come off regardless of what I did. I dont think ill ever use mothers brand wax again.