Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used exhaust?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Up to you, but a good mild steel brand will be aluminized and won't rust anyway. The Manta ones are all aluminized, the one that I know about that lasted the longest was 5 years before the guy sold the car and after that I don't know, but it was still good when he sold it.

The Manta 2 1/2" stainless is $1795 shipped. Not the cheapest, but as I said, their mild steel systems still last for years.

Sean§

Reaction score
Members Ride
13 VF SS
Subjective is the word of the day when talking about exhaust note. I had an xforce 3" on my 09 GTS and it was good, especially when the taps were opened in city limits. Its like music and food.. some people like what others dont.. personal preference.

My14ssvute

Reaction score
Members Ride
14 ssv ute
I'm pretty sure the first two you listed are from a Holden wrecker. That should explain why they were removed.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is there much difference in sound compared to stainless steel?

Stainless can sometimes be raspier and not quite as deep, but it also depends on the car. Personally, I like the sound of mild steel.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
How much would a 2.5 inch mild steel manta be delivered to Adelaide? Also at 100 is it simmilar to standard exhaust note in cabin? Do a loft of country driving and wife will hate any noise

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
$1295 delivered for the quiet system. Still a nice note, but quiet on cruising and no drone.