Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

useless fire extinguisher transformed

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I dont think the facet will have enough volume to keep up with the high pressure fuel pump. We have used one of theses pumps before with a 1 litre surge tank and VL turbo high pressure pump and the high pressure pump kept sucking the surge tank dry because the facet simply didnt have enough fuel volume! We now use a mallory comp pump 110 and have not had a problem since as the surge tank is always around 3/4 full. On another car we have used a bosch lift pump and that worked fine aswell.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
hinterland said:
co2 powder
Dont mean to be difficult but C02 and dry chem powder are 2 totaly different extinguishers.
Anyway,
Its a good idea, out of date but not in the bin.
You said remove the old one to make room for exhaust.
Was that a different after market tank or do they come with a small surge tank as standard.

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
chevy_big_block_bro said:
Dont mean to be difficult but C02 and dry chem powder are 2 totaly different extinguishers.
Anyway,
Its a good idea, out of date but not in the bin.
You said remove the old one to make room for exhaust.
Was that a different after market tank or do they come with a small surge tank as standard.
it was powder one bicarb soda they used in the old days not shoure wat it was but didnt work anyway and the tank is a racing tank going in boot pulling out org tank to make room for exhaust

starkeyholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
I just thought of another fun use for old fire extinguisher tanks...
Fit an air filler valve to it so you can pressure it up at a service station like your tyres.
Then, add some air line and solenoid and switch...
Then hook it up to a filthy big air horn from a truck wrecking yard!
(and try hiding it all in your car somewhere... maybe the horn up inside the front guards?)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
A friend of mine is a B&s Cowboy. He wanted a bloody loud air horn setup on his ute. So, using an extuingisher, hi-po 12Volt airpump and some truck horns....I built it for him...

FOOK is all I can sya about it

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i saw the crack about the dodgy nitrous setup.. that is not that stupid ya know.. a lot of people ute them instead of buying nitrous bottle which cost a shitload.. a bit bigger would be the go.. but for a race or two would be alright. would be a good one to hide from people so they didn't know..

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
hinterland said:
hi eco
heres the info on the lift pump and the h/p pump is a bosh 910.im going to have the lift pump fill the surge tank at the top and h/p pump from bottom of s/tank
*Facet 12 volt solid state fuel pump. The pump is rated at 5-6 psi, 132 litres per hour. The pump is self priming to 30.5cm lift, ie, pump can be mounted no more than 30.5cm above the*level of the fuel tank.
Sorry for the late reply hinterland, but you say youre going to have the lift pump plumbed in at the top of the tank? this could be a problem if your tank is only half to 3/4 full when running as it will introduce air bubbles into the fuel from splashing. dont want the hi-press. pump picking them up!

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
it is to make sure you have constant suprly of fuel.. someone correct me if i am wrong