Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

User Reputations

V

VNSV

I've only recently joined the forum but it sounds like a good idea!
For someone like me who knows a little about cars but nothing about commodores i need to know if the advice i am getting should be looked at further or it is worth trying first. I have found that a couple of people have given comments that are absolutely **** and if you tried it, it wouldn't help at all or would make the problem worse. I think that there should be some automatic selections like (that post has no validation and is incorrect, I found that comment totally unjust and rude, That post gave me some very good advice and should be rewarded). Or something like that but with an extra comments space provided for added explanations. Just so that no one can give or take points without some reason that is valid. This will give the mods/admin guys something to look at when they reveiw the points. And i think that posts should be looked at as a valid point guide but in the right sections. ie probably not for the jokes.
As the mods/admin will know someone who has been a mem for say 2 years might only post 1 a week and not have much to say but someone who has been a mem for 6 months has posted at least once a day on most days. This still brings it back to the comments in the post. but know i'm babblin :shutup:
so good luck guys and keep up the work!!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Ok, so I've nearly figured this all out...but as a question. What do the grey squares stand for in my reputation comments list?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
My understanding is that the grey means a rating from a user who doesn't have enough posts to "qualify" to give you a full rating. Until users get enough posts their reputations remain neutral. Neutral meaning your reputation neither goes up, nor down. Well this is what it means in other forums I am member of, so I guess it would be the same here, I am unsure how many posts a member will need to make a positive or negative rating.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
lol
Well, Julie I'm guessing it's not many. A user with 80 posts gave me a bad point because he felt I should buy a house instead of building my project car! lol...why would I want to buy a second house? I spent enough on the first one! *looks at bank statement*

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
hmm thats the kind of reputation we don't want to see people leaving. A good rule of thumb is to only rate the post not the poster. Basically what your choose to do with your money is your choice and to leave bad feedback because they disagree with your choice is just wrong, I'll see if I can get that reputation removed. Anyone else thinking about leaving stupid reputation, be aware that whilst the poster cant always see who your are we can. ;)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Julie said:
Anyone else thinking about leaving stupid reputation, be aware that whilst the poster cant always see who your are we can. ;)

Also...sometimes...it's bloody obvious who left it! lol

Like when you make the comment...Mate, forget the car and a buy a house

then leave a reputation comment... "buy a house"

It's pretty obivous...although I may be wrong. I have been wrong before...once, maybe twice! :whistling

:p

Also Julie, in my reputation, someone left a remark that just wanted to know what the scales are for. At the moment it's a neutral. But, you may as well remove that as well.

Cheers, Ray.

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
So why do I all of a sudden have a "Banned" title on my green dot?