Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Using a 4 port heater tap for a VR 3.8 on gas

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Hey all, I'm wondering if I could use a 4 port heater tap for the heater and supply and return lines to a gas converter, I don't want to unnecessarily cut my heat lines for the gas converter as I would like everything to look neat and tidy, any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yes you can, I did it. Just need to make sure that it's connected so that the converter always has coolant going to it. I.e. Flow to the converter isn't stopped by the heater tap.

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
Yes you can, I did it. Just need to make sure that it's connected so that the converter always has coolant going to it. I.e. Flow to the converter isn't stopped by the heater tap.

Thanks EYY, I thought so, would you be able to post a picture or diagram, so I could work out the constant flow ports and start running coolant lines for the converter,

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
can't remember exactly. One went from the water pump to the converter, and then from the converter to the tap. Just pull the tap off to get an idea of how it works