Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Using a different brand of Pod filter.

MACE

Reaction score
You can use something like a K&N recharge kit to clean the SAAS filters that come in our kits if you wish. Otherwise it may be simple enough to purchase another one from your local Auto store. This way you can be assured that the filter will be fine.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Thanks Steve,
I'm going to try use the recharge kit and if it stuffs up the maf it gives me a reason so get a bigger one from you guys ;) will just buy a new pod each time in the future.

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks Steve,
I'm going to try use the recharge kit and if it stuffs up the maf it gives me a reason so get a bigger one from you guys ;) will just buy a new pod each time in the future.

No problem. Please keep us posted with how you go :)

Cheers,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
Also just to add,

You could try keeping the filter in some soapy water then drying it out, carefully, using some compressed air from the inside out (opposite to how the filter normally flows). This should considerably clean up the filter, while being gentile to the cotton filter material. You should be able to get a way with this process for a couple of times before the filter needs to be replaced. To err on the side of caution though, I would be more inclined to replace the filter per service interval.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Steve