Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute colours

Kalcub

Reaction score
Members Ride
none yet
Hi
Any ideas or opinions on which colours show dust the least/most? Upgrading soon and as much as I think black is the ultimate colour for a ve ute
I dont want something that looks like it need washing the day after I have washed it .Dont want white or atomic green,but I would consider
anything else.Thanks

Wongsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 SS-Z Ute Manual
Silver in my experience is excellent at hiding dirt and staying clean. My last car was silver and I could literally not wash it for months and it still looked clean.

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
As above, silver is maybe your best option.
Why dont you want white? My SS is white, it wasn't my first choice of colour but its kind of grown on me and now i like it seems to stay fairly clean looking to.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Been with my black ss ute now for a couple of weeks. Always had white cars. Never believed people when they said black is hard to keep clean... Now I do. It's heartbreaking sometimes when you spend so much time cleaning it and in no time it looks like it's in need of another wash.

It looks so damn sexy in black though haha. I catch myself admiring it in the driveway lol.

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
^ haha yeah black looks bloody good but soooo hard to keep clean and looking good!

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
After having owned a burgundy VT, and now a silver VE, I'd go with silver. Looks good and clean even when it isn't. I used to hate looking at my VT the next day after a wash because it never took much to make it look dirty. Also, the silver looks awesome on the VE, probably the best match IMO.

D

devilly

dark grey, dark silver,i seen a fluro orange ute with black trims that looked pretty kewl,gold depends on the shade and what wheels you have on your ride.all i reckon is match everything to wheels and trims is the way to go.

Wongsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 SS-Z Ute Manual
Why dont you want white? My SS is white, it wasn't my first choice of colour but its kind of grown on me and now i like it seems to stay fairly clean looking to.

Ditto. My ute is white and I reckon it works well with the thunder rims, the body stays looking clean and so does the wheels lol. Don't have to worry about swirl marks or light scratches either.

Kalcub

Reaction score
Members Ride
none yet

White looks good , especially with black rims ,but I have had white cars in the past ,just want something different this time.Price will be the decider,if the price is right I would take any colour.