Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UTE Rear Speakers VF Seres 2

SSV842

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series 2 Redline
Any reason why the rear speakers in a ute dont utilise the fader. Fading to the rear makes it go silent
Is there any chance of easy fix?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Most utes don't have rear speakers.

My14ssvute

Reaction score
Members Ride
14 ssv ute
If it is the same as my s1 the rear are actually subs not speakers thus why you can't fade because they don't utilise the rear channel you should be able to confirm by turning the base all the way up and down.

Bluetinger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFii Redline
OK, here's the story from Holden, my brother inlaw sold me my May built 2017 Redline ute. So after many emails backwards and forwards to Holden head office Consumer department, we ute owners have been gifted with the most modern speakers on earth, yes, we are indeed very lucky... Apparently these speakers are noise reduction devices which serve to improve sound quality in the cabin. Bullshit!

This will hurt your eyes to read this, but I did own a 2004 BA XLS Ford Marlin ute, it featured ( real ) speakers beneath the fixed side windows and when I faded the speakers to the rear, the sound in the cabin it was amazing. Yes, sound being produced from the rear speakers, how crazy is that?

Holden can not and will not do anything about the rear side " noise reduction devices ", yet a station wagon and indeed a sedan all have rear speakers and the sound is magnificent.

Love my VF, just can't enjoy my music, all the sound comes from the front...... very disappointing Holden.

I got better sound in my $14,000.00 BA Ford...... lol maybe time to trade in the VF and get my BA back.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
OK, here's the story from Holden, my brother inlaw sold me my May built 2017 Redline ute. So after many emails backwards and forwards to Holden head office Consumer department, we ute owners have been gifted with the most modern speakers on earth, yes, we are indeed very lucky... Apparently these speakers are noise reduction devices which serve to improve sound quality in the cabin. Bullshit!

This will hurt your eyes to read this, but I did own a 2004 BA XLS Ford Marlin ute, it featured ( real ) speakers beneath the fixed side windows and when I faded the speakers to the rear, the sound in the cabin it was amazing. Yes, sound being produced from the rear speakers, how crazy is that?

Holden can not and will not do anything about the rear side " noise reduction devices ", yet a station wagon and indeed a sedan all have rear speakers and the sound is magnificent.

Love my VF, just can't enjoy my music, all the sound comes from the front...... very disappointing Holden.

I got better sound in my $14,000.00 BA Ford...... lol maybe time to trade in the VF and get my BA back.
Makes me happy I've got a S1!

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
What is the difference in the speaker setup between the Series 1 and 2 Utes?

I'm not sure of all the different model or year specs, But my S1 SSV has front splits and rear sub-woofers with an amp. It also has a CD player!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I'm not sure of all the different model or year specs, But my S1 SSV has front splits and rear sub-woofers with an amp. It also has a CD player!

Apart from the CD being deleted I don't know what other changes there are to the system.

Do the Series 2 Utes have the front splits and rear sub woofers with an amp?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224