Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UTE Rear Speakers VF Seres 2

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
series 2 has front splits, amp and sub
- No rear speakers whatsoever

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The Magnum does!

Can you fade in and out from front to rear?

My S2 Redline has the rear grills behind the seats but if other members are right there is no speaker behind them.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Can you fade in and out from front to rear?

My S2 Redline has the rear grills behind the seats but if other members are right there is no speaker behind them.

No fader function in a ute.
The speakers aft of the B pillar are subs. The amp is mounted on the rear wall, under the trim.

scottshaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 2016 ute Supercharged
OK, here's the story from Holden, my brother inlaw sold me my May built 2017 Redline ute. So after many emails backwards and forwards to Holden head office Consumer department, we ute owners have been gifted with the most modern speakers on earth, yes, we are indeed very lucky... Apparently these speakers are noise reduction devices which serve to improve sound quality in the cabin. Bullshit!

This will hurt your eyes to read this, but I did own a 2004 BA XLS Ford Marlin ute, it featured ( real ) speakers beneath the fixed side windows and when I faded the speakers to the rear, the sound in the cabin it was amazing. Yes, sound being produced from the rear speakers, how crazy is that?

Holden can not and will not do anything about the rear side " noise reduction devices ", yet a station wagon and indeed a sedan all have rear speakers and the sound is magnificent.

Love my VF, just can't enjoy my music, all the sound comes from the front...... very disappointing Holden.

I got better sound in my $14,000.00 BA Ford...... lol maybe time to trade in the VF and get my BA back.
Wondering if you have come up with a solution to this issue
A mate told me the head unit would be the same as a sedan and you should be able to wire speakers in

scottshaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 2016 ute Supercharged
Any reason why the rear speakers in a ute dont utilise the fader. Fading to the rear makes it go silent
Is there any chance of easy fix?
Wondering if you have come up with a solution to this issue
A mate told me the head unit would be the same as a sedan and you should be able to wire speakers in