Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Commodore 400m Database!

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
that does seem pretty quick. what is the record. without nos, turbo or supercharger, just NA..

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
To make this easy to read you will have to grab each persons info and post it into your first post into there classes.
Name: Jezz
Calss: N/A V6
Car: Holden VT Series II Executive
Engine: Ecotec 3.8 V6
Trans: 4 Speed Automatic
Diff: 3.08:1 single spinner
Mods: YT 1.8:1 RR, CAI, Extractors, 2 1/2" exhaust.

60 foot time : 2.262 seconds
660ft time & trap speed : [email protected]
1/4 mile time & trap speed. : [email protected]

Time slip and mod details can be found in my ride. (link in signature)

Jezz

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
that does seem pretty quick. what is the record. without nos, turbo or supercharger, just NA..

The record for NA for a V6 Commodore in Australia is [email protected] in a auto VN Commodore. He is on the ****************.com.au his username is Sleeper.

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
To make this easy to read you will have to grab each persons info and post it into your first post into there classes.
Name: Jezz
Calss: N/A V6
Car: Holden VT Series II Executive
Engine: Ecotec 3.8 V6
Trans: 4 Speed Automatic
Diff: 3.08:1 single spinner
Mods: YT 1.8:1 RR, CAI, Extractors, 2 1/2" exhaust.

60 foot time : 2.262 seconds
660ft time & trap speed : [email protected]
1/4 mile time & trap speed. : [email protected]

Time slip and mod details can be found in my ride. (link in signature)

Jezz

Thats an awesome time with so little mods. Well Done.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Thats a nice trap speed you have there. Similar to my 1/8th mile trap. You should get 9.4-9.5 with a 2.0s 60 foot if you get off the line with full traction. Nice times.

Yeah based on how I fast I thought the car was I was going there expecting a 9.4-9.5 if the track was as sticky as the road. Everyone at the track told me it was very fast for a stock machine, I could run down the other stock/ish 5 liters pretty easy once I got traction. It runs 14.6-14.7 all day on the gtech on the road where I can get 100% traction on launch, everything adds up to that being accurate within .1 . Which is good, just proves my V6 really was a bit special, running 15.3's on the same gtech. I'm aiming for a 9.3 and 76 mph next time I race it (when I get rego again:p) as the car will be a bit lighter next time and have a much better CAI, maybe faster than that if I get a dual exhaust welded up.

Oh yeah my best 60 foots last time were in the 2.45-2.55 range which weren't happy considering that getting off the line fast is normally this cars specialty

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
Yeah based on how I fast I thought the car was I was going there expecting a 9.4-9.5 if the track was as sticky as the road. Everyone at the track told me it was very fast for a stock machine, I could run down the other stock/ish 5 liters pretty easy once I got traction. It runs 14.6-14.7 all day on the gtech on the road where I can get 100% traction on launch, everything adds up to that being accurate within .1 . Which is good, just proves my V6 really was a bit special, running 15.3's on the same gtech. I'm aiming for a 9.3 and 76 mph next time I race it (when I get rego again:p) as the car will be a bit lighter next time and have a much better CAI, maybe faster than that if I get a dual exhaust welded up.

Oh yeah my best 60 foots last time were in the 2.45-2.55 range which weren't happy considering that getting off the line fast is normally this cars specialty

Yeah the 60 foot is key for a good Elapsed Time. I've noticed after the 200+ 1/4 mile runs I have did in my car at WSID, that for every 0.1 seconds off your 60 will roughly equate to a 0.2 seconds off the 1/4 mile time.

These are two runs with similar trap speeds that I have:

60 foot: 2.213-----------------------------2.316
1/8 mile: [email protected]@74.35mph
1/4 mile: [email protected]@92.75mph

see how a 0.103 second difference at the 60ft equates to a 0.209 second difference at the 1/4 mile.

the 3.91 diff I have, lets me get off the line now consistently with a 2.1 or 2.2 second 60 foot every time.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The record for NA for a V6 Commodore in Australia is [email protected] in a auto VN Commodore. He is on the ****************.com.au his username is Sleeper.

VN Power :yeah: Quickest NA V6 :D

The fastest turbo VN street car in Australia is a green VN wagon, running 10.96 seconds (without NOS). Other than the turbo check out the massive list of engine mods lol :

specs on the engine is nothing special just has a FAIR size cam, std manifold 1 v8 throttle body ported heads, buick GN rods and TRW forged pistons and a T400 transmission

Quickest street turbo V6 Commodore in Australia runs 9.82 seconds down the 1/4, and thats a twin turbo VS.

Last edited:

chronos64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Acclaim Sedan Auto
Hi Guys,

1994 VR I Acclaim Automatic
Stock:1/4mile 16.9s

Pacemaker Extractors
1/4mile 16.4s

Does this sound about right?