Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Conversion For Vb To Vk

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
BT50............ while the vk is rebuilt
I don't believe that the Aussie 4 would bolt up or be strong enough.
You best bet is to find a complete manual car to use as parts.

Yes there is wires that come through the fire wall. The best place for the computer is behind the passengers kickplate in front of the door. There should already be a hole there that existing wireing goes through.

dreamcatchu

sick puppy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
out of curiosity has anyone done this conversion but used a V8 instead, if so was there any dramas in regards to the engineering certs e.t.c, thinking about doing this as i now have an extra vc shell to play with, also how hard would it be to fit the later model dash e.t.c aswell, i remember seeing some pics a while ago of a vh that had from memory a vs interior put in but there wasn't much info of what was involved in doing this

Satanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3800 Drag Car
hi there i just got my donor car for $150 just wondering if there is anyone that has done this conversion that could do up a wireing diagram for me so i dont have to spend more on the plug? Also can you use the back half of the vk tailshaft and the front half of the vn together so you dont have to get it shortened?

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate it would be easier to spend the money on the plug. When i got mine done it took an auto elec 2 full days to wire it up with a VN sitting along side.

Refer above for the tail shaft. It depends on what year model your car is.

Satanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3800 Drag Car
Motor is in!!!! :w00t: just got to do the wiring now and fix up the tailshaft still thinking about doing the wiring myself as the plug ( wire kit ) is $375 by itself. as this car is only to take to the track and race i cant see the sence in paying thay just so things like the A/C works. So if anyone has some diagrams that may help me out would be good thanks.

Satanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3800 Drag Car
hi guys got the old girl to fire and it will start on arostart but dies 5 seconds later i have checked that there is power to the injectors and there is also there is fule in the rail but it just dosent seem to be injecting the fule ( pulled the injectors out and there was no fule coming out) has anyone got any ideas on what i could do to get her going? also the error light dosnt work when i short the 2 pins on the aldl conector

Satanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3800 Drag Car
ok i think it might be the ecu coz if i short out the blue lead from the injectors to the neg side of the battery it will open the injectors and the car starts take the lead off and it stalls.... any ideas? fule pressure is fine.

*edit* Worked it out lol i missed a plug

Last edited:

TRICKEDUP

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl com, vr, vk calais, maybe a vs again soon
Thanks I Was Looking At This

Can The Setup Bolt Straight In I Was Told You Had To Change All The Front End Also Brakes And All Please Clarify Someone

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
You don't need to replace the whole front end. However it would be easier if you where to, as it would remove some of the problems when it come to the steering rack etc

My was done by only replacing the K-frame which the engine bolts to. I kept the VK suspension and steering rack. Howwever in doing this i had to move the mounts for the steering rack on the K-frame.

If you want to do it the easiest way possible, then changing the front suspension with the K-frame is the way to go.
If you read the thread from start to end you should have a good idea of whats involved.