Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Into A Vk

3800VK

Have just finished one. Auto 93 VP s2 into VK SL, goes sick, hehe.

Pretty easy to do.

Cost was around 2-3 grand with engine and then came rego...
and I guess + 3g for the car, VK 3.3 auto Non Efi, to start with.

Motor + Trans + Computer for 1200 cash with 127,000 kms on it from the Wreckers.

Drive shaft and Rear Gbox member are the VKs original and using the VK Rubber Gbox mount. Works Fine but had been told differently.

2 1/2 Inch from the Cat back, Sound great. Loud when foot goes down but stealth when cruizin.

Will try and get a Site with some info and Pics up soon.

Email for any questions.

JAWS: Happy now?

3800VK

One more thing.
I had to modify the PS hoses but kept the VK rack. It is a tight fit for the RH header pipe.

J

Jaws

I am doing my fourth v6 conversion and i can tell you that you have done things the expensive way.

have a look here- http://www.ecotecvb.tk
and here http://www.geocities.com/plankto308

QUOTE I am sure that a VN-P K-frame won't fit an earlier model

untrue, crossmembers vb-vs are interchangable.

QUOTE Bieng quite a structual part though I recommend forking out the 500 or so and getting it done properly so everything lines up

that is way too expensive! I used to have a crs xmember and it was nothing but problems.

QUOTE (Don't think a VN will fit) and had the filler neck changed to Unleaded (NSW Law). You could use a VL Tank

sounds like you havent been on the net much.
I used a Vl tank before changing to a VS tank which bolts straight in.
any sedan tank VB-VS are interchangable, and the same for wagons.

QUOTE If you want to run your existing speedo, You will need to get a modified speed sensor as VN-VPs are electric rather than cable driven.

Vn onwards run elec speedo sensors.
from experience use either the t700 or the t5 to suit v6's, alot cheaper that way.

QUOTE The Radiator is VB-K V8 with a straight top hose fitting, Talk to a radiator shop it is an easy thing for them to do. I have used a VN Fan screwed in to the top of the radiator and mounted to the rear of the front X Member

yes any vb-vl v8 radiator will fit also the v6 radiator can me modified to fit too.

QUOTE One more thing.
I had to modify the PS hoses but kept the VK rack. It is a tight fit for the RH header pipe.

that's a hard way of doing it.
with a standard vn v6 crossmember in my vb im able to use standard VS dynomax extractors.
I used to have custom cae extractors but they were just a nightmare which needed fixing 5 times.

QUOTE PS, Try finding a low Km motor to start with, you might even find an ecotec for not much more

even better get a complete car coz nearly all the parts can be used.
To make things alot easier, a mate crashed his vn and we just lifted the body over the running gear and dropped the vk body over the vn running gear(motor,box,suspension,brakes and pwr steering untouched.)

for recent updates on my recent vk v6 project have a look on the street commodore forums under VK project stage 1 complete and VK project stage 2 complete.

these conversion kits are not need and just too expensive.

want to know just how bad crs kits are? read here.
http://64.177.228.102/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?boar...&num=1065523747

heres the current project

and my pride and joy

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
just a reiminder people, i sugest you all take a look at the rules for the forum, it's only 1 simple rule, not hard to live by here it is

If a post/topic is deemed inappropriate it will be removed, this could be for a number of reasons of course. If you feel you have been treated harshly please let me know and I'll deal with it to get the best possible resolution out of it.

that's the one and only rule, just a quick one, i will close this topic, and remove it if people are going to start being nasty. this is a place for people to share knowledge gained from personal experiance, if you do it one way, it doesnt mean it's the only way for it to be done, keep it real here, and abuse wont be tollerated

cheers
garth

thankyou for cleaning it up. much apreciated

garth

J

Jaws

QUOTE i will close this topic, and remove it if people are going to start being nasty

where did that come from?, i wasn't being nasty.

3800VK

Yeah man I was earlier but I have chilled now.

[/QUOTE]
if you do it one way, it doesnt mean it's the only way for it to be done.

J

Jaws

QUOTE if you do it one way, it doesnt mean it's the only way for it to be done

thats right.

But i have done it both ways the way u did it is more expensive and isnt set up as well.

I take it urve got the shits with me, that's pointless coz you should have the shits with v6 conversions as they ripped you off.

have a real good read through this topic http://64.177.228.102/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?boar...&num=1065523747
coz i too learnt the hard way and got ripped off just like you did.